Pulling My Hair Out,please Help

ronerik

i was told that you guys could help me with this. i can't get my fsb to go over 166. not even to 167! the mobo i have supports 266/333 fsb. my mem is rated at 370mhz. i just upgraded my power supply to the antec true480 because i thought that was the problem. perfectly stable at 166, but if i go to 167 lockups and freezing occurs,and sometimes no post. barton is at stock voltage. i upped the voltage to 1.675 but did not fix it. temps are 40c idle and 47c running prime 95. is my mobo not liking the higher fsb or is it the memory? i know your probaly saying well try switching them and see. well im broke after my 9800 and power supply purchase.won't have cash till i pay off the credit card so i would like to have an idea which one is causing me the problem. what do you guys think??

I hate to tell you this , but your problem is your motherboard. Your motherboard has the Via Kt400 chipset and there is no way you will get a fsb of over 166mhz with this chipset. Remember also that a fsb of 166 is a memory speed of 333mhz. What you need is a board with the Nforce 2 chipset, like an Epox 8rda+3. I have an Epox 8rda+ board with an Athlon XP2600 and Corsair pc3200 xms memory. I currently have my system running at (11.5x200fsb) for a clock speed of 2300mhz. This is a version 1 board and I have read that the new Epox versions are capable of running a lot higer fsb speed with the right memory, which you do have.

That could be why.

Drop the multi to like 11 or 10, then raise the FSB.

Your already at a 200MHz OC...

the reason im at 12.5 is because my mobo does not allow you to lock the agp/pci clock at 66/33.if i go to 170 ddr/agp/pci are 170/68/34. so every 3-4 increaments i increase my agp/pci speed. if i can get it to lets say 12x173=2076,would i score any different than 12.5x166=2075 on 3dmark? i beginning to think this board is limiting my overclock.if i could lock the agp/pci then i would be doing what every body else is and oc to 11x200. how high of an agp speed can my vid card take before i will damage it?