problem DFI ultra-D and XP 64

Hello :)

Ok, i'm using the config in my signature since 2 months, every thing is OK, and i'm very happy.

Today, i decide to install windows x64.

I can't make run the installation, until my dimm is set on 1T (CPC enable), when i put the dimm in 2T it works. I have tried bios 510fix-1, 510fix-3, 615, 618-1, 618-3, 623-1 et 623-3 and its the same..... :confused:

I have installed xp64 in 2T timmings, and tried to put Dimms in 1T after ...... no boot ....

I have tried with dimms on slot 1/2 and 3/4, same problem.....

I don't understand ..... every thing is ok in 32 Bits......and impoosible in 64 Bits with 1T timings :confused: .....

Try clearing the CMOS so everything is at defaults, and putting the ram in the orange slots.

If that fails, try with just 1 stick

I have tried the clear c mos with everything at defaults and with ram in orange slots ..... and it is the same : 2T ok, 1T bad....

But xp64 works in 2T..... but i don't want to use it in 2T or only with one Dimm :confused:

I think that this board dislikes Corsairs Dimms :(

i think some or all venices have a problem with x64 wih 1t enabled. I have the same problem. Its nothing to do with memory its the cpu

A friend has a san diego 3700+, and no problem with xp64 ... it's the same memory controler ?? and an other one installed x64 with a 3800+ Venice and no problem with 1T enabled :(

I have no problem with XP64 though. I use 1T all the time. Do you have any extra RAM sitting around even value ram you can stilll try it. I think it might be the BIOS screwed up. How about try unplug all power connectors from the board & remove the cmos battery & leave it for a nite then try plug back everything tomorrow and see.

I have no problem with XP64 though. I use 1T all the time. Do you have any extra RAM sitting around even value ram you can stilll try it. I think it might be the BIOS screwed up. How about try unplug all power connectors from the board & remove the cmos battery & leave it for a nite then try plug back everything tomorrow and see.

Yes i'm going to try, but i think my problem is Corsair :( , is there any one here with corsair twin xl and a venice, using xp64 in 1T ?

Thx for your answers guys :angel: