Is It Worth The Extra Money?

Vampire

I know that the Logitech should (by stats) be the better sound system, but is it worth pay the extra money for it over the 2.1 inspire speakers? Also can it just plug into the onboard sound jack? I dunno what its called, its the normal little one like what headphones plug into. My friend has a TDK Tremor TS-60, that produces killer sound, I suppose I could also consider getting that. I just want to know I have made the right choice, if I buy the Inspire 2.1 will I be regretting I did and wishing I got the logitech or TDK's? Or will I be wondering why I paid the extra money for the logitech 5.1 speakers when I wasnt really worth it? I think I'd really get a kick outta 5.1 sound though, but is it worth the money?

thankz

5.1 sound definitely kicks ., but if theres somewhere around you can go to to actually listen to them play, (like best buy or something) then decide based on the sound quality. your taste in things like rich bass, clear highs and mids, are different from everyone else's. i have the inspire 5200's, and based on the specs, the Logitech should be better (more watts etc.), but i liked the sound of the 5200's better when i heard them, so i bought them instead.

if yur going to be watching dvd movies, or playing games like fps's (where you need to know that your enemies are behind you), then 5.1 sound is DEFENITELY worth the extra money.

if teh Logitech 640's are the same as my 5200's which i think they are, you will need three output audio jacks on yur comp to be able to use the sub, center, and rear speakers. unless, that is, ofcourse if you get a speaker set, with a built-in dolby decoder, and plug it in to the digital output on your comp.

The lower end Z series speakers from logitech are a pretty good buy. I have a Z640 and Z680 set here. Both have great sound, and are reliable. the only problem I have with them is only decent mid range.

also if you live with your parents or in an appartment / dorm, be kind to others around you, these speakers have the ability to shake a 200gallon aquarium in my living room