Sign in to follow this  
DaLurker

Memory and overclockign issue

Well right now with my OCZ Performance EL Sticks, I can memtest at 270mhz. It passes all the tests except test #7. I've tried different combinations of all the memory setting sin the BIOS, but I can't get it to pass test #7... any ideas?!

Second issue I'm having is I know I can boot and test at 270mhz relatively stable (with the exception of test 7), however when I set my HTT to 270mhz, and change my CPU multi back to 9x (instead of the 4x), suddenly I can't boot? It just gives me the memory error long beeps? I know my CPU is stable at 9x270 @ +.3 volts so that's not the issue.

Any help would be great! I'm using 7/11 bios.

What is you LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio set to? At FSB of 270 you need a LDT/FSB less than 4 or you be driving your HTT at > 1000 MHz.

What is you LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio set to? At FSB of 270 you need a LDT/FSB less than 4 or you be driving your HTT at > 1000 MHz.

it was set to 3x. In essence.. I tested 270HTT before with just my CPU (used a Ram divider of 100) and I know it is 100% stable (been running my CPU at 9x280 for the last 2 months fine). Once I turn my Ram up too though.. the systems a no go.

If it's failing test 7, I'd bet your system isn't as stable as you think. I've heard more problems with people passing memtest no problem, but fail other types of tests, but not the other way around. What other benchmarks / stress testing have you done?

Maybe you should list exactly which rams you have, and the settings youve tried.