USB 2.0 floppy drives - How different when first plugged in?

Ok, so I've been using traditional floppy drives for some time, but I wanted to spend my $10 on something better -- a USB 2.0 floppy drive that's also an 8-in-1 card reader.

The cards obviously force it to be USB2.0 spec. So I know that I plug it into the extra USB 2.0 headers (oh yea which one should I plug it into?). When I startup will it be detected? Will it run just like a regular floppy drive that I use an FDD cable with?

Thanks!

Ok, so I've been using traditional floppy drives for some time, but I wanted to spend my $10 on something better -- a USB 2.0 floppy drive that's also an 8-in-1 card reader.

The cards obviously force it to be USB2.0 spec. So I know that I plug it into the extra USB 2.0 headers (oh yea which one should I plug it into?). When I startup will it be detected? Will it run just like a regular floppy drive that I use an FDD cable with?

Thanks!

give us the specs (brand name and model) because i think you still have to use a floppy cable, even though they are a combined unit. the floppy cable would connect to the floppy header on the mobo via cable and the card reader would plug to the usb header on the mobo.

The ones I have seen are as stated by Cpuz, the floppy hooks up like a traditional floppy drive. Only the card reader is USB.

-pickles

Oh... it's a problem when I leave all my boxes unopened =P. I guess I should've taken a closer look

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16821104103

Hehe, yea I see the port to hook it up with FDD. Heh, so I guess it'll be the same then. Thanks!