Problem with NIC(s).. not working properly.

I just got my first DFI mobo up and running nicely, but a problem has occured that I dont have on my nf4 Epox.. The NIC (it actually seems both NICs, the nvidia and the marvel) randomly goes offline/online all the time. One second I am surfing fine, and the next I am offline. And this happens very frequently, were talking seconds between going online and offline.

I am using all 4 SATA connections and I have one DVDRW on IDE channel1. Might be some kinda address conflict, but I have no clue how to fix it.. I tried manually inserting the MAC address as one post on this forum seemed to suggest, but that didnt help. I also tried disabling the 1394 and the marvel, but that didnt help either.

I installed the nforce4 6.66 drivers first, then uninstalled the network driver only and tried with the ones that came with the DFI cd but it didnt solve anything..

Anyone have a clue? The board is actually quite unusable as it it.

Also, take a look at your modem, and see if the lights are flashing when this happens. If so it's probably your modem, or ISP. I had this problem awhile back and it was because my modem was docs 1.0 and my ISP recently upgraded their lines to 2.0. It still ran, but every once in awhile, it would reset.

Are you using the firewall that is built into and automatically runs in XP?

Its not my modem. I've been using the same hardware router/firewall for some time now, no settings have been altered. My other computer is still working fine. This computer worked fine untill I replaced my Epox mobo with this DFI.

edit: And no, like I said, not using any software firewalls. Not even the one included in Windows SP2.

edit: And no, like I said, not using any software firewalls. Not even the one included in Windows SP2.
Just to clarify, it's called Network Manager or something similar and is one of the last things the chipset drivers wants to install, giving you the option to install or not. Anyhow, it's very problematic.

-pickles

Not sure what to say.. I'm using a Thomson Speedtouch 510 router for my adsl connection.. I have two computers and an xbox running on it. The router has DHCP but I use set local ips since that makes it easier when forwarding ports (NAT).

My isp is stable, and the router works just fine I assure you. The problem in question applies to the local network as well. The NICs on the DFI seem to shut themselves on and off randomly, and very frequently. May be some kind of IRQ or similar adress conflict, but I dont get how I am supposed to fix it.

And I didnt install the nvidia network manager thingy. :)

edit: And yes, I did check out that thread. I tried typing in what I assume is my MAC adress (000129FC4F38 is what the sticker on the nvidia lan device says) but that didnt work. Not sure if that is the correct number or format however.

Any chance of an official word on this issue? Seems like alot of people are experiencing similar problems (google it and you'll find a ton of similar posts).

Best theory so far seems to be some kinda conflict between the SATA controllers and the network controller.. So if you use SATA 3 & 4 that causes issues for the NIC. Some people claim the problem was introduced with the latest BIOS, but as an X2 user I cant really roll back to an earlier BIOS..

Any chance of an official word on this issue? Seems like alot of people are experiencing similar problems (google it and you'll find a ton of similar posts).

Best theory so far seems to be some kinda conflict between the SATA controllers and the network controller.. So if you use SATA 3 & 4 that causes issues for the NIC. Some people claim the problem was introduced with the latest BIOS, but as an X2 user I cant really roll back to an earlier BIOS..

I have similar problems....if I setup my network connection as DHCP for my school ethernet then it will randomly lose the connection, and I will have to manually enter settings and a different IP address (the last three digits)...then I can get internet to work again. A few minutes later, it may crap out and I have to change.....sometimes it works for days on end, sometimes I have to change 3 times in 10 minutes. Haven't figured out a fix for this yet.