Sign in to follow this  
Shakezilla

Conflict between NF4 UT Ultra-D and Mushkin Ram?

Ok so I have the above mobo this stick of ram http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16820146190

Are there any known conflicts between these?

I set up my computer and I kept failing prime on the first test and giving me BSoD in windows, but did allright in memtest(2 errors in 14 hours) I ended up RMAing the ram and it will come tomorrow, I am using some generic 512 DDR333 ram right now and am fine and stable.

My friend purchased the exact same setup as me and when we turned it on today it failed prime on the first test just like mine did, he did drop the ram onto carpet when he opened the box so that is the only thing that keeps me from being certain that the ram and mobo dont like each other.

My RMAed stick should be coming in tomorrow so I guess I will know for sure then but does anyone have nay experience or can help me with this?

Thanks

Hello,

3-3-3-8 cheap memory modules can be a problem on the nf4 board.

Any idea what chips are on the modules?

Did you go into the ram settings in bios and set the values or leave all of them on "auto". Most of the time the ram's will work, and better once you fine tune all these settings, atleast for these boards. Also, please read the forum rules & create a signature.

you're going about that 1gb of ram the wrong way!

get 2 512 sticks and run dual channel style. if you are partial to mushkin, see my sig.

for 60 more you can have a much faster pc.

Ok so the ram got here where do i look to see what chips I have? I was just using the auto settings for the ram, what could I tweak and mess around with?

The reason that I got a 1gig stick is that I will be a poor college kid in a couple of weeks, and this computer is going to have to last me a long time. I am going to upgrade to 2gigs within the year and my fear behind going with the 2x512 was that I will need more than 2 gigs by the time I am out of school and would have to replace the 2x512 with 1gig sticks. I only paid $80 for mine too.

Thanks for any help, I will throw the rma in once somone tell me how to identify what chips the ram has.

Ok so the ram got here where do i look to see what chips I have? I was just using the auto settings for the ram, what could I tweak and mess around with?

What do the chips say on the RAM?

CJ