CMOS jumper...

Hi guys I have a DFI lanparty ultra-d, amd64 3500+ venice, OCZ VX 2x512 duel channel, anyway i recently put my ram too high by accident and so i reset the cmos jumper and everything was fine and dandy i loaded optimized defaults and ever since then it has taken me FOREVER to get into windowsxp, ummm before i reset the cmos jumper it was fine but now im like wtf this is crap taking me like over a minute to get into windows as opposed to max 15 seconds has anyone else had this problem before would be appriciated. In windows my performance is exactly the same I get the same score on every benchmark i did before.

You may have had something corrupted. Try reflashing the bios. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Windows. I had to reinstall windows the last time I had a large lag when booting.

CJ

Hi guys I have a DFI lanparty ultra-d, amd64 3500+ venice, OCZ VX 2x512 duel channel, anyway i recently put my ram too high by accident and so i reset the cmos jumper and everything was fine and dandy i loaded optimized defaults and ever since then it has taken me FOREVER to get into windowsxp, ummm before i reset the cmos jumper it was fine but now im like wtf this is crap taking me like over a minute to get into windows as opposed to max 15 seconds has anyone else had this problem before would be appriciated. In windows my performance is exactly the same I get the same score on every benchmark i did before.

If you make that ram run too hard, software corruption would most likely occur. So far when I hose up my timmings, I have been able to skat through with Reloading my last CMOS profiles from CMOS Reloaded section. Even OCing the CPU without enough juice could cause this. Most likely you'll need a system dump. Its a good idea to keep your OS install to is bsic untill you're finised working out the kinks from your OCIng.