games crashing when AA is on..

first of all, im running the nvidia 77.76 drivers. not official.. maybe thats why this is happening:

when i run either far cry or battlefield 2 when AA is on (im trying to use 8xS), the screen turns black like the game is about to start, but it stays black. no sound, nothing. if i alt+tab, or ctrl+alt+delete, nothin happens. is this a driver issue? i have a 7800gtx..

**EDIT**

I just tried 4x in the NVIDIA control panel, and when i run BF2, it takes about 20 seconds before the game starts (after the black screen, stays black for 20 secs i mean). Also, the intro videos have a red outline on the top and left of the screen.

first of all, im running the nvidia 77.76 drivers. not official.. maybe thats why this is happening:

when i run either far cry or battlefield 2 when AA is on (im trying to use 8xS), the screen turns black like the game is about to start, but it stays black. no sound, nothing. if i alt+tab, or ctrl+alt+delete, nothin happens. is this a driver issue? i have a 7800gtx..

**EDIT**

I just tried 4x in the NVIDIA control panel, and when i run BF2, it takes about 20 seconds before the game starts (after the black screen, stays black for 20 secs i mean). Also, the intro videos have a red outline on the top and left of the screen.

Tried using the driver that came with the CD?

Downlaod a driver cleaner, then uninstall the display drivers from the controlpanel/system. THen use the driver cleaner, reboot and install the latest offical drivers..

Also you might wanna make sure that the 7800gtx is plug into the board right..Just a thought