Fan 2 not working ????

Hi all, Just got my system up and running and noticed the Fan 2 not working. Checked fan at another connection and is ok. Checked in bios and it reports it spining at 0 rpm. Its related to PWN temp, PWN temp in bios looks like this..

(-) 54degc

Know i know its not that cool in here ???

Anyone know anything on this ??? am i missing something ???

:confused:

its not hooked up through a molex connector, straight on board. and yes there is a power supply fitted...haha

What do you mean? A fan wont work if you just hook it up on-board, it also has to have power from a MOLEX connector

If the fan does not work at all then> RMA the board to your vendor for bad fan header. If the fan works and gives NO rpm reading that is quite normal for most panflos have no RPM monitor wire.

RGone...

ok, checked voltage at pins and got 4.2v on fan 2 and 12v on fan 4. So something is adjusting voltage to fan 2 connector? fan probley wont spin at low a voltage. It there anything on board where the temp of something controls fan 2 ??? PWM ???

If PWMIC is showing -54C as you said in the first post then Fan2 will be off since the default setting is OFF for FAN2 at <25C. I have never seen a minus number there and likely you do not either. But if it does have a -sign in front of it then all still applies just as said.

If you have flashed bios would reflash if you have not flashed the bios you may well need to rma the board to vendor which is what I said earlier.

And maybe as an add to any of that one thing more to try before rma is to clear cmos the official way and is listed below in toto.

Here is the 'official' DFI way of clearing the CMOS:

1. pull power *A/C Power from wall outlet*.

2. pull battery

3. clear cmos jumper for minimum of 30-60 seconds *For Real troublesome systems use 8 hours*.

4. replace cmos jumper to normal position

5. replace battery

6. replace power *A/C Power from wall outlet*.

7. boot to bios and load optimized defaults

8. save and exit

9. boot back to bios and now you can change settings to your liking. *Is what we are trying to get to*.

The above is especially true after some unknown boot failure and after a bios flash.

RGone...

PS: I am gone to bed where I live.

Ok, Did all the bios flash again etc etc but temp is still stuck at -55 degc, sending back for exchange one...thank Rgone

Can someone tell me what cool and quite does in the bios when you enable it ???