X2 3800 Look'n Good

Guest jot_merged

1. AG not try'n to get in the OCDB. 2. Not burn'n my new chip in with high vcore, I said I was open'n it up or in other words see'n what it's got. Always burn in with extreme low vcore. Like I said just haven some fun with a chip. Thought some others might enjoy it too. Did I go about it the wrong way? Because what I'm hear'n is when I have a very good DFI product and a chip that I'm overclock'n and I'm talk'n about it in the overclock'n forum I can't do it or I'm not doing it in the DFI way.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and burn it in. But you need to realize your only using half the cpu when you don't run 2 instances for single threaded apps. If you don't run 2 it will split the work between the two and doesn't stress them AT ALL compared to setting affinity or running 2

the reason u got it all wrong thinking we DFI members like everything the correct way is because we see to much pictures all day.. and we like things all in one pic. all the info like prime both cores, stability hrs, benchs, temp, etxetc... makes everything much easier. we like to see stability... it's for your own good. just because u can prime for 1 hr doesn't mean u can prime for 8 hrs. just cuz u can prime on one core odesn't mean u can prime on bother cores. u know what i mean? take it easy. do it ur way if u want. post more pics. as members will enjoy everything. i'm wishing i can see how high u can get on that chip since i'm deciding to get dual core... but i want to see stability too! u kno.

i sense a bit of hostility in this thread?

no there's no hostility

there's us trying to point someone in the right direction because it looks like, from where we are standing, he is not heading in the right direction.

I'll say again...i'm not trying to get you into the OCDB.

what you are missing is that the requirements for the OCDB, no matter whether overclocked or underclocked, are stability tests designed to stress your machine to the max and find out if it is stable at WHATEVER clock you have it set to.

Period.

there is nothing more than that.

no ulterior motive.

just simple information that says "if you want to truly test the stability and stress your machine, run the tests in the way we have told you to, otherwise, it is a waste of time because you are not doing any stressing and stability testing at all"

Burning in components might not be prooven, but it worked for me. From 1.68v on my max stable, after 20h occt i could lower it a notch, then 2 weeks later i was down to my current 1.55v (bios) setting. Before that everything under 1.68 would give me bsods when using it, and i changed nothing in the bios.

Same with my old ram, bh5 sticks, wouldn't boot at over 3.3v, ran 3 x 8h memtest and booted @ 255mhz 3.5v.

So it might be a myth, but i believe in it.

• 2 weeks later...