Sign in to follow this  
rexian

GPU Core Temps are killing me!!!

I have a Leadtek 6800GT/Ultra and was getting temps like you. I actually ran it that way for months and then I fainally ripped the HS off and through some AS5 on it. Of course after I lapped the heck out of it. I was getting 68C/76C and now am getting 51C/65C on a hot day I'll jump up to around 68C.

Not sure what those 6600's come with for HS's but I have a huge copper thing on mine and last time I got one of them NV silencer's it might of dropped 4 degs or so but I wasn't to happy. So I'm gonna keep my big sink.

-Freez

heh you think 72C is bad :) I'm hitting 80C with my 7800 and my laptop 6800go ultra keeps thermal throttling in 30 min cycles because it runs up to 95C. Farcry works the GPU ;)

My leadtek hits 77C when running Atitool artifact scaning for 10 minutes (stock 500/100), so I would say yours is not that hot...

Read around about those artic silencers - I don't thing you'll be able to fit two of then on the dfi board. so be carefull...

i get like 100C on my 6800gt oc to 400/1100. is that ok?

depends on the situation(rendering, animation), but otherwise, no.

I hit the 80's as well with my 7800GTX's, you have to remember when running SLI they get hotter then a single card, when you wanna compare your temps always compare with SLI setups.

Some like it hot (not me though)

I'm running 2 Leadtech 6600GT TDH Extremes in sli. These come from the factory overclocked to 550mhz. I'm running mine at 601MHz, in a Lian Li V1000B case.

Ambient temperature is 16 Celsius; GPU 1 is 43 Celsius idle, and GPU 2 is 48 Celsius idle. If I run Aquamark over and over, GPU 2 gets to 58 Celsius. I am using Zalman VF700 cu heat sinks; these are smicko.

Check them out here.

ricey

Some like it hot (not me though)

I'm running 2 Leadtech 6600GT TDH Extremes in sli. These come from the factory overclocked to 550mhz. I'm running mine at 601MHz, in a Lian Li V1000B case.

Ambient temperature is 16 Celsius; GPU 1 is 43 Celsius idle, and GPU 2 is 48 Celsius idle. If I run Aquamark over and over, GPU 2 gets to 58 Celsius. I am using Zalman VF700 cu heat sinks; these are smicko.

Check them out here.

ricey

Hey Ricey!! You run the same video cards as mine. My GPU Cores have almost similar idling temps..I saw too much of advertisement of leadtek stock cooling and thought it would be ok to have them un-replaced.

I saw your post here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...596&postcount=5

I see you could fit those in. What is that yellow thing at the corner of the cards that look like its connecting both the cards. Can you tell me if you faced any difficulty in fixing the Zalman sinks? I have 8 copper Vantec RAMsinks. I see you have used the Zalman ones. I have not used the RAMsinks yet. Everything is stock right now. So far, I just did my work on Memory, CPU and FSB... lol. Do the RAM sinks help? I have lapped mine to get mirror like finish. Those sinks had more wrinkles at the bottom than a 100 year old's face. Did you take any precautions before attaching the sinks? Some say its better to insulate the pins with RTV silicone. What did you do? The NV6 Silencer is not good you say, right?

I know these are a lot of questions but can you please take time to respond.

NOTE: Also, here's my system build thread..... http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16909

Thanks.

Rex

Hehe, your cards aren't that hot...temperature wise. ;) ...My Leadtek 7800 hit 83 degrees on a cold evening when I played BF2. :D ...and mine is the original 7800, not the factory overclocked one Leadtek started releasing like a week or so later. ;)

I just ordered 2 x Zalman vf700cu from [email protected] jabtech. Only thing that worries me abt Zalman is the weight on those beasts. I saw in ricey's picture that he has some kind of spindle that is plugged between the two cards...looks like additional structural support to me.

I am still waiting to hear from ricey. I am ready to open my rig up again and repaint the thermal pastes and redo the wiring... pain in the B*TT but, well maybe worth it. The PC is absolutely quiet for a gaming comp and having every fan running full speed with 2x raptors.

What really bothers me is that when I ran Aquamark, 3DMark05 etc. with high settings for hours the GPUs did not cry but Far Cry did it in like 2 minutes or so...whoa!

But, anyway building... re building comp is the fun part for me so, I can hardly wait to go thru the so called pain again.... rofl!!

- Rex