Going 64bit = Need Purchasing Advice

Ok guys, for all those who have pioneered the 64bit highway, I am very shortly going to be purchasing the DFI NF4-SLI board. What I need from ya all is a good recommendation for the most overclockable proc and mem cobination.

Also, is anyone running dual core procs? Are there any motherboard requirements for a dual core or could I slap one in any AMD 64 bit mobo??

Thanks!

ChR1s

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris. I guess it all depend what you are wanting to do with your PC. Personally I like the X2 4400+ . Mine OC's quite nicely. 2600 rock stable and can bench at 2850. If you want to multitask go with the X2. I am sure more apps will take advantage of dual core once they become more and more common. If multi tasking is not a priority for you I wouls go with the 4000+ San Diego.

The NF4 SLI -DR should work just fine for either of these CPU's

I like TCCD ram for OC'ing OCZ 3200 Rev 2 works just fine for me.

please consider the a64 4000+ ... good luck. as for the x2 iono about dual core yet. it's kinda useless for now and hard to oc. it's stupid i think to have dual core for now. as i have read i'm pretty sure longhorn/vista would run nicely on the 4000+. as they are perfect for gaming and performance.

Dual core useless? Hmmm thats news to me!!! If you don't multi task and just game it will be useless to YOU. For people who mulitask it is very useful. For instance I can put out 700+ points a day with folding at home with this one rig in sig. How much can you do? I can also fold and play CSS and not lose any FPS or slow down in folding. You simply cant do it on a single core. In fact I would drop work units if I tried to game while folding on my Venice at 2.4 :rolleyes:

Dual core useless? Hmmm thats news to me!!! If you don't multi task and just game it will be useless to YOU. For people who mulitask it is very useful. For instance I can put out 700+ points a day with folding at home with this one rig in sig. How much can you do? I can also fold and play CSS and not lose any FPS or slow down in folding. You simply cant do it on a single core. In fact I would drop work units if I tried to game while folding on my Venice at 2.4 :rolleyes:

sorry. what in the hell is folding? that i didn't learn yet.

sorry. what in the hell is folding? that i didn't learn yet.

Hey dont steal our members :rolleyes: You contribute your computer time to fight disease.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/announcement.php?f=9

As to the first question look at the OC database. Venice bang for the buck but there are many options and choices. Memory and PSU need also to be carfully looked into.

Right now I would be looking into the X2 if you have the cash.