Constant disconnects driving me crazy!

With this system I just upgraded I keep getting disconnected from servers after 20-40 minutes. This happens with WoW and Battlefield 2 so its not just a game issue.

I just reformated my computer and installed the 6.66 drivers. I also tried the 6.53 drivers.

One thing I should note that this happens with ALL my networking cards, the nvidia, the marvell and a LinkSys PCI card.

This is not a problem with my internet connection, as my friends on the LAN will stay connected to a server we are on after I get disconnected. I've tried connecting my PC directly to the cable modem and the issue still occurs.

ALL FIREWALLS ARE DISABLED.

This issue is driving me nuts and I'm starting to really get annoyed.

I have been having the same problems lately. The weird thing is that I had no problems until about 2 weeks ago and now I can't stay connected to a game for longer than 20 minutes. I have no problems surfing or downloading.

Similar problems here also. 6.66 drivers. I can't even see the server lists in counter strike source and I lag bad there. I can also download perfectly and surf the web without problems. I have no firewalls enabled whatsover.

Guest Shibby

I was having issues until I configured my router properly (running on a wireless connection). Not sure if that applies to anyone in this thread though.

I think I found out what was causing it for me, I disabled the 2nd core for my X2 after a game starts up and that seemed to fix it... I think. Played BF2 for 2.5 hours straight :)

How do you disable a core?

I had similiar problems, but amazingly my little bro found the answer.. My router was much to close to the printer, as the printer(even when your not printing) boots up internally and causes to much "noise" for hte dsl or cable was causeing me to be disconnected.. I moved the router and can game forever with out a disconnect.. Same issue in BF2 15-20 minutes of playing and i get booted..Never noticed while web surfering, just while playing games... And seriously it worked!