Barton 2500 Volts On My Oc Rig

I got up to 1.825 vcore in 0.025 before it would run Prime95 for 24hrs with no problems. Prime 95 wouldn't run until I got to that volt, so I figure I found the sweat spot. But, I was wondering if the volts seem high to you. I have seen a few other 2500+ run the same 11x200 @ 1.75 vcore. I know not all are created equal but that seems a little high to me. I also noticed the MB monitor reads 1.85vcore but the setting is 1.825

My temps with Prim95 was 48-51c lode and 39-41c idle. My room temp changes some with the air going. Triple digits outside usally. HOT :angry:

I have also notice a little bug after running Prime 95 and rebooting. The Post Speech Reporter wouldn't sound. I reboot like three times before shutting down the puter off and started backup no worries after that. I just don't want to frie it yet I guess.. :lol

Any feed back would be great.. I have been trying to finish this project for last two days so I can move on to my video.

Thanks

Edited by skibar350

That's a pretty high vcore...what's the highest FSB you can attain (with 11 multiplier) with stock voltage?. That is a lot of voltage for just 11*200, most 2500+'s can hit 200*11 at 1.7. Also, it took me a lot longer than 2 days to fiddle around with this and you only used one (I substracted the 24 hours you used for prime95). It takes time man, you have to woo it correctly or it will not co-operate!!!

I had it running @ [email protected] for three almost four weeks. Then Just the other day I decided it was time to up the multiplier to 11 but I had to up the vcore for Prime to even run. It wouldn't even run UNTIL I hit the 1.825vcore. I raised it in .025 increaments. I did have some problem with the vid crashing for a couple of days and that stoped the other day when I raised it to 1.775vcore and changed my memory timing but Prime95 showed it was accually unstable with that low of a vcore.. This is the problem I'm trying to work out. Why my cpu wants more vcore than others seem to have. I have been working this since the beginning of June.

Here is a link to my other post which also has another link to the post I did on Jun 25, I have been doing this in small amounts and testing it but I find a few things like the volts and video problems and I just needed some pointers. Sorry If i caused a miss understanding about whats going on.. B)

My Posts on OCCLUB

Edited by skibar350

My apologies skibar, it seems you just have a bad chip man. I would sell it and buy another if it really matters that much, they are dirt cheap and I'm sure you wouldn't lose too much money on it.

No problem... It's not your falt I can't type everything I think... :lol:

You maybe right about the chip but just to make sure I will try it all over from the beginning for the next few weeks. I just lowered everything back to default, or I may just get a bigger processor. I like the 2500 Barton because of the 512k L2 and the price.

Thanks for the replys...

you should be able to run it pretty high before upping voltage alot. I am running 200x12 @1.85v stable watercooled of course. I wouldn't recommend running that high of voltage unless you water or vapor cool

i ran it overclocked but i can't remember how far at default voltage.

and last week i had to run my old ram since my new ram was being replaced so i was running pc2100 can't remember the fsb and multiplier but was running at 2.3 ghz @1.725v

One of the other factors to take in when ocing your cpu is the temp under load. The higer the temp the lower your stable oc is going to be. You'll notice that the guys reaching the best stable cpu speeds , have some type of very efficient cooling for their system. This goes the same for your fsb speed and keeping your motherboard chipset cool. You should really find a way to keep your cpu temp under 125F for the best stability. I have a Barton 2600 running at (11.5X200fsb) @1.8v and it is rock stable, but I have some extreme air cooling on both my case , cpu and motherboard. Which keeps my cpu temp from ever getting above 102f under load.