Americas Army woes

Wetchaser

In americas army they use punk buster screenshots to check for cheaters. Basically this takes a picture of what the player is seeing on his screen at random times. Well for some reason mine are all coming back as "corrupt", meaning there is no picture. Checked with the local anti-cheat forums, and only thing i see that could apply to me is ati drivers instead of omegas, and or chipset drivers. I really have no wish to update my bios because everything is humming so nicely, and if it aint broke dont fix it, has become my mantra. Does anyone think that there is anything in bios that would do this?

the anti cheat site is going to have better info then im going to get anywere else on punk buster related stuff. This site http://www.aaserveradmins.com/forums/index.php?act=portal is so deap in the stuff, that they provide punkbuster with a [md5] hack list, and pb uses it.

I have come to figure my problem is seriously intermittent, as on avg 1-4 captures works fine. But those other 3 are gonna end up getting me banned from servers :(

So even thou i know Angry's gonna give me ., here i sit with nothing but cable between my computer and the outside world experiancing this. Still no router, or such that would make crap like this happen.

I play AA too and experienced the same thing. I take it that once you got rid of the router your screenshots started showing up? If so then try opening up port 1716 on your router thats the AA port i did that and my PBSS started showing up again.

btw is your name {-pfc-}wetchaser? If so ill hook up and play with you sometime.

i saw the Sunday paper insert at best buy with the good Linksys 4-port 10/100 NAT Firewall routers for $39....and the D-Link DI-604 NAT Firewall router is usually about $39...(keeps your rig from using memory/cpu to run a firewall)

Man my brain is at full capacity, and i dont know crap about routers. When im in gamespy arcade, and people are singing the blues because they cant get the right ports open to host a server, im kinda glad i dont. Im Mr knowledge base on so many others subjects, i spend enough time working the help desk as it is.I did notice my ram has come down a few bucks since i purchased it, so maybe i should lean in that direction:shake:

If i get a router, my son will hate me for not letting him hook up. I made the decision that he is not going to get internet till he is at least 13, and i want to stick to that.

On a side note, he is using my old gateway p4 1.8 with my old 9800pro, and that computer works suprisingly well. He plays hl2, and it looks quite good.