Sign in to follow this  
red930

An Open Letter from ExRoadie

Guest LookBackX2

I'm fairly new to forums in general, but have been a member @ 4 in the past year. I have dropped the other 3 due to the high level of negativity. I am on the street every day, it stays up on my work computer for occasional "New Posts" browsing. I love my cfx3200, and would have never gotten this far with it if it weren't for the street, and it's knowledgeable members. I look for an avitar, if it's there I can trust that persons posts. period.

Thanks ExRoadie, well said.

I want to thank all of you big dogs. As of March of this year overclocking was a mysterious word. I tried to overclock my Asus nf2 board and a 3000XP but nooo. So when I started researching my next build, I learned about a unknown to me DFI company (I was Asus thru and thru) and this web site. I asked some stupid questions, got some advice and followed it, (pissed me off that I had to buy a new P/S but I believed.) I have never had a problem with the Ultra-D and it's because of all the great advice from DFI-Street. Thanks again to everyone from the original geek. Back to lurking.

Yes sir ExRoadiie has a way with words, no question. Always right on and to the point. This evident passion of DFI forum leaders is magnetic and exhilarating.

This forum is widely noted as being best in class. When I was fretting and fearful about buying DFI, I asked a question about it on "another" forum. They quickly directed me to DFI-Street and I have never left.

If no other post was ever made here, this forum's information base would be invaluable.

The tolerance and respect shown here toward members and new questioners is unparalleled. Respect always originates with leadership. This organization is no exception. Excellent leadership = Excellent organization.

But excellence in and of itself can be ridgid and boring without personality. DFI-Street has personality plus. Again, from the top down. Being serious without taking one's self too seriously is an art. An art well displayed here every day.

I also appreciate the opportunity to talk about tech. issues now and then. I know no other living soul who is the least bit interested in this stuff. Granted, my ability to "help" is limited and often I have to repeat what I have read on this forum (trying to give credit if I can remember who said it) and usually just linking to the information. But I occasionally have an original thought or experience to offer. Sometimes a little hand holding goes a long way while we are awaiting the surgeon's arrival.

So, I'm still learning and reading this forum and enjoying the good company. Thanks for being here. Please know you are appreciated.

PS: I don't know who is matching up the avatars with members, but they definitely have a future with central casting.

its kinda funny...i dont read much, but i love readin diy-street...dont know how to explain it....

exroadie...excellent post.

well i am a newb compared to most of u guys....i first started in here when i decided to buy a dfi nf4 sli-dr ......knew from lots of oc sources that dfi was known as the best for oc, but also the most...well strangest would perhaps be a suitable word.

i checked out CS.org and found a link to dfi-street.....and then i noted al kind of things to think about so all things would run fine together.....my first tagan 480W u01 psu was bought..instead of that sh**** aspire. OCZ ram instead of infineon....and a new bios was prepared...only thing i wasnt happy with when i got it tweaked, was actually that noisy chipset cooler.....so i looked around in here and found some inspiration....unfortunately both my dfi n4 sli-dr is now dead..one from water...1 just died, i really dont know why, but it wasnt even in a pc at the time.

the only reason i dared choosing a dfi at the time (hearing about all their problems with former boards) was this extreme well helping forum.....i think many others thinks that way too......and any hardware producer should be happy having such support and dedication.......