An Open Letter from ExRoadie

red930

lol its funny that more people actually read this after i opened it and pulled it from sticky ;)

welcome Bulldog...Rgone and I were wondering what your forum name was, but we just never had time to remember to ask you when we were exchanging emails ;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol its funny that more people actually read this after i opened it and pulled it from sticky ;)

welcome Bulldog...Rgone and I were wondering what your forum name was, but we just never had time to remember to ask you when we were exchanging emails ;)

Yep, that would be right. Seems it works out that way alot. Tell someone not to do something and they'll do it. lol

There are very few things that are as frightening and frustrating as having your new "super" overclocking rig go down or fail to boot. They immediate reaction of most of us if to lash out and blame everyone and everything, especially the motherboard. HATE is a very appropriate word.

I choose NOT to demean those that failed to read the stickys, do the research, or learn the basic forums rules and abide by them. I feel for you. The results are inevitable - FAILURE.

And we pay for the failure with churning stomachs, great remorse at spending our hard earned money, and generally feeling like .. And we HATE.

But what is done is done. You can't turn back time. Many are even driven to the forum looking for answers out of this terrible predicament. And we want the answers NOW, not later.

Now here is the good news. The answers are almost always available in this forum. If not in a previously posted thread, by the member generating a clearly posted question that lists the explicit details of the problem and the associated equipment they are using. (paragraphs and punctuation are always a big help to understanding the issue). There is a huge contingent of members here that will respond to PMs and even call you to help you with the problem. They'll go out of their way to help a brutha that's down. Some really great dudes here.

I'm lucky. I don't have the IT background or the years of experience that so many of you have. So I was FORCED TO READ. FORCED TO GO SLOW. FORCED TO ASK QUESTIONS. I am a n00b and a crazy fokker that likes to overclock. Maybe it was just plain luck but in the last year and a half I have built 5 DFI NF2s and 3 NF4s. All severely OverClocked after much painstaking work. Two of the 8 went down permanently. I really believe them both to be my fault. I hate to admit it but it was mine.

My Simple Tip:

I am simply amazed at the number of users (especially NF4 users) that have NO BACKUP PLAN WHAT SO EVER. If you intend to overclock PLEASE invest in a spare bios chip from Tmod or a Bios Savior! When overclocking, a "jizzed" bios chip may not be easy to avoid, but a spare chip or BS gets you right back into action.

If I can help in any way, do not hesitate to contact me. But please have the courtesy of attempting to find the answer by doing some reading and homework before you do.

I wish you all the highest of OCs and the LONGEST of uptimes.

Regards, soundx98 aka "that crazy fokker" :D

LoL U know ... It is easier to respond when the thread is unlocked :shake:

AG isn't talking about responses. You can look at the counter to see thread views. Three days got 160 hits while closed. Less than two days open and the hits more than doubled.

LoL U know ... It is easier to respond when the thread is unlocked :shake:

• 3 weeks later...

Well said ExRoadie. I spent alot of time here reading till my eyes hurt about my first DFI MB and the install went great, with all of that reading I got a good handle on who to listen to. When i got ready to setup the nF4 SLI MB I repeated the reading process and it rocked from the first time I hit the power button within a day or 2 I had a great stable OC on the new rig. I have had no PSU or MEM problems with either Board because I read stickies. I have learned about Raid systems here with help from you and others and modding ideas and so much more from just sitting down and going through the many post. I'm looking forward to the future of DFI and this forum. My thank's go out to you and others who have helped me with both of my DFI rig's

:cat: