now that comp works, just a few small problems..

after figuring out that the seasonic 600w psu just won't work for me, i got an enermax noisetaker 600w, and it is very good. problem solved.

now, a few new problems.

first of all, when i boot the computer, after the screen that says 'hit DEL to enter setup', the next screen has a whole lotta info and then says 'Verifying DMI Pool Data...... Update Success'. Once it says that, there is about a 7 second delay before it goes to the XP loading screen. Really annoying, seeing as once the xp loading screen shows, it boots incredibly fast.

next problem: if i go to start menu > shutdown, it will look as though it is normally shutting down, then it will say the old-fashioned 'it is now safe to turn off your computer'.... what the hell? i thought that is only like pre-90's computers that said that. how do i make it shutdown normally?

final problem: if my computer is on, booted into windows, hitting the power button on my case will completely cut the power to the computer. as if i held the button down. i want it to be like it normally is... if i press the power button, it should do the standard shutdown procedure...

**ANOTHER PROBLEM!!**

i cant get windows xp to see my dual-core 4400+. it says dual-core 4400+ in the system profiler, however, i do not see dual cores in the task manager. when i go to my device list, and look at the computer tab, it says 'standard' instead of 'multiprocessor'... ahhh!

i was told to reinstall xp, but how do i choose multiprocessor during install? the f5 thing doesnt work, that just asks for a disk!

Once it says that, there is about a 7 second delay before it goes to the XP loading screen. Really annoying, seeing as once the xp loading screen shows, it boots incredibly fast.

Is it stuck at a black screen for a while?

I've had that problem in a previous build.... never figured out why.... a reinstall of the OS fixed it.

Hello,

Using the CMOS jumper,

- Remove your power cord, pc totally off.

- clear the BIOS for 10 minutes.

- After the 10 minutes put the jumper back to the save position.

Power the PC and enter the BIOS.

- Press F7

- Now go to CMOS RELOADED.

- For each profile save the current settings.

It is very important that you do this, DO NOT LOAD ANY PROFILES.

- Now setup your boot order,

floppy

cd drive

hard drive

- Set the memory voltage to 2.8v.

- Save and exit.

DO NOT ENTER WINDOWS.

Boot from the XP CD and reinstall windows.

- You do not need to press F5.

- Do not do a repair

- reinstall windows + a quick format.

Now everything should be ok.

Does your windows CD have SP2 integrated to it?

If not install SP2 now.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Then install the nvidia chipset drivers (audio drivers included)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_wi...2_amd_6.66.html

- Do not install the IDE SW drivers

- Do not install the firewall, network access manager

Then install your GFX card drives.

And it should be ok.