Mod Style

Trev

Having caught the modding bug myself and viewed some very over the top cases in the past few months I thought to myself when is enough enough, I have seen some cases that can only be compared to a Wurlitzer jukebox and yet these only differ very slightly from works of real art.

I guess its up to personal taste but there must be a limit of taste with some mods.

Wonders how far off diamante knobs and disco balls really are. :P

limit...??? what is that there is no limit and if anyone says there is a limit they havent seen what i have and done. MUAHAHAHAHA. your in the right place cause not everyone in here just buys the antec case that almost 2 billion people have it seems. like mah self i picked a model chemning and moded it to the extreme she really is pretty. I have gadgets but no tricks yet.

I'm not a case modder, but I'm not against it. It's YOUR case, YOUR choice.

btw I've seen disco balls. I'll have to find my friend bruce's site for you guys. He's paying his way thru college (art is his major) and using the cases as his class projects at the same time. He's actually done a full supermicro sever case with disco ball in it. a full tower server case with a 17" lcd mounted on the side of it. the chameleon paint on his own case. He's even done up the entier inside of a case, motherboard and all, in dayglow green.

okay, so I HAVE the black antec case that monkey speaks of, but it's not about it's look on the outside for me. I'm more into what's in it, and how it runs.

• 2 weeks later...

Its like this.

Your puter is an extension of your family.Treat it at birthdays and christmas.and if you have XP and you dont have to reboot for a whole week treat it to a little gift like a fan.

When YOU are happy with what you have then its enough ;)

You know i was thinking saying about supporting when is enough, but, crap, if I had the money to spend on modding I WOULD! Can't be enough, vanity is our business :)

*edit*

Agree with Bigred on that.

You may see a modder with a great case that could cost 300 bucks, but I would've spent that 300 bucks to get a Geforce fx 5900 ultra, and so while the modder's case may create more attention than his score at a LAN Party, Bigred and me will be wasting people with powa~

Edited by Geemge

I personally think it is a waste of money to spend $400 or $500 on a top of the line graphics card... no games actually use the full potential of the card, so why spend $400 when you can spend it on a card that is only $150 and still play everygame on the market? Don't get me wrong, I love having a powerful computer, but top of the line is far more expensive than a second best computer which will perform just as well in any game. Modding is one of the best things that can happen to your computer. My computers happy cause I have been doing a lot of work on it lately... (Don't tell it that I am buying a new Koolance case soon it might get upset. ;) )