POST problems with NF4 uT SLI-DR (i think it's memory)

Hi friends,

First post on the forums, just finished unpacking and installing my new lanparty board. Specs are in the signature, I'm running the default BIOS which came on the board.

I am, of course, another unfortunate corsair 3200C2PT user. I have two 512mb sticks (TwinX matched pair) being auto-detected at 2.5-3-3-8 at 2.7V. I'm considering forcing the DRAM timings to their factory defaults of 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.7V.

Either way, here's the real problem:

First system boot ever: Boots up, I get into bios, everything's gravy. Reboot, nothing. Stuck at the DRAM detected LED (2). Both dimms are in the orange slots. System appears to work fine with one dimm removed, but not the other. I assume this has something to do with the CPC bug other users have discovered. But, my BIOS does not have the option to force 2T cpc. The option is missing.

If i reboot the system enough times, it eventually posts and goes back into memtest86, where it passes every single test. I'm running it right now, and everything is passing in dual channel. I am boggled.

Can anyone offer me some advice here? I'm going to try updating to bios 6/23-3 right now to see if it helps my problem.

Many thanks!

Okay, so I just flashed to 6/23-3 and used the settings Sharp gave to another 3200C2PT user, and now even with only one DIMM the system halts at the third LED. Why would it not be detecting my CPU?

I have double checked that all fan and power connections have been made, and I believe I'm using an approved power supply for non-SLI configurations. Please, help me out. :

RAM: 2xCorsair 512MB PC3200 (3200C2PT)

VID: 1xBFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC

One of those two likely and maybe even the power supply. The power supply because the rise time of one of the voltages is too slow now that 623-3 is in place.

RGone...

RAM: 2xCorsair 512MB PC3200 (3200C2PT)

VID: 1xBFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC

One of those two likely and maybe even the power supply. The power supply because the rise time of one of the voltages is too slow now that 623-3 is in place.

RGone...

Thanks for the advice - I just spoke with a guy named Frank at DFI who told me something along those lines. He had me reset CMOS and put everything back at auto, only raising ram voltage to 2.8V on my ram. So far that seems to be doing the trick, even in dual channel, with everything (including CPC) set back to Auto. I'll let you know how things progress.

Thanks again for your help!