Tom's hardware is funny

Spotpuff

I read Tom's for about a year until I discovered sites like Anandtech, Hardocp, PcPer (AMDmb at the time), etc. .......... now I NEVER go there. One of the worst hardware review sites ever IMHO.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the latest "reports" from toms...

------

OCZ Power Stream 600: First Sample Failed, Retesting

Thursday, July 28, 2005: We had problems with testing our first sample and have asked the manufacturer to send a second unit. We will report on the results in a future test.

Then a few days later...

OCZ Replacement Ready To Go: Will It Hold Up?

Monday, August 8, 2005: OCZ refuses to accept poor results and sends us a replacement unit, with which we will continue the stress test. As with its previous candidate, this one is supposed to deliver 700 watts. Basically, the testing process will be identical to the one we used with its predecessor. In the next 24 hours we shall see if OCZ has made improvements or if there were simply some flukes with their previous power supply unit.

------

Now you can't have it both ways. Either you lied in the first post where you asked for a second unit to test or you lied in the second post.

Also note the condescending attitude in the second post. The word "supposed" instead of "rated" and "flukes" instead of "defect".

These guys are just digging the hole deeper and deeper.

Can YOU trust anything they post anymore?

toms hardware smokes the second OCZ PowerStream and doesn't say a word. Nothing. No explanation. Nada. They just post the results from both series of tests.

It's funny that there are thousands of these PSUs running around the world and no problem in the OCZ lab. But toms tests two in a row to failure.

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050711...esstest-16.html

Let's see what OCZ has to say about this turn of events. I'm quite sure they tested the replacment unit before shipping it to toms. Could it be that there is a problem when placing an OCZ PowerStream 600 in the test rig at toms? Is it possible that toms got two defective units in a row from OCZ? Does OCZ have a problem in their testing?

Who needs this?!? Here you can manually adjust the voltages to the individual rails. This "feature" is utterly nonsensical and dangerous to boot.

Gotta love that part. :dog: