Sign in to follow this  
Spotpuff

Tom's hardware is funny

What would you be saying about Tom's if they had posted a superb glowing DFI review?

depends on what was superb and glowing about it...any review that has blatant errors and/or lies whether good or bad is not a review worth the toilet paper to wipe your butt on.

Question? What would you be saying about Tom's if they had posted a superb glowing DFI review?

Just curious, be honest now. lol.

What AG said and....

Well first off that is improbable unless it is a Intel system. Even if they did for the lantparty or Ultra D/SLI it would not make much of an impression review site that is familiar with AMD system seems to love it why should I care if one more review site does.

About the only time I noticed Toms loving a AMD system is with the cool and quiet came out which is pretty worthless if you ask me. If you are not working a computer you can have the MB simply adjust with fan speed. The 90nm barely make any heat at Idle anyway.

Now the OCZ PSU too? Toms is just knockin' down all the hardware we've come to use and love. My DFI board and OCZ PSU work just fine...sure I haven't tested it yet in my complete system but so far I'm satisfied. ;)

Ohh few months ago i get rid of blue screens when i bought DFI but according to good uncle Tom i have to switch back to A8N-SLI a.k.a blue screen generator

:eek2:

Very similar to my experiences.

A8N-SLI unstable. Tried different RAM no difference, also go frequent HD corruption on both P-ATA and S-ATA (requiring fresh installs and much downtime). If I was brave I could get it to 230MHz

Ordered NF4-Ultra D. Put the same components in. Totally stable and hits 270MHz.

I've been building and repairing systems for 8 years now and doing tech support for 10 years as parts of other jobs.

It has been long suggested that Tom is on the take from *ntel...

Question? What would you be saying about Tom's if they had posted a superb glowing DFI review?

Just curious, be honest now. lol.

If the tests were done in the same manner I would have called them on the BS jsu like I did. Oh not everyone here has the same DFI board and some poeple here are not that satified with their boards. Just in case you thought this was a completley pro DFI forum

PSU Update:

Toms is now retesting the OCZ Powerstream 600 with a new sample.

Not sure whether we can trust the review now, as it seems that their testing equipment is in doubt (reading between the lines). Some of the sensors have gone FUBAR, which imho suggest that the entire set of tests needs to be rerun.

Well, the nF4 DFI boards aren't that great. I have the SLI-DR one and couldn't be happier. I work in a retail store, though. Of the 4 DFI Ultra-D's we sold, 3 were DOA. Not exactly cool IMO.

Well, the nF4 DFI boards aren't that great. I have the SLI-DR one and couldn't be happier. I work in a retail store, though. Of the 4 DFI Ultra-D's we sold, 3 were DOA. Not exactly cool IMO.

As many of the people that have fixed problems with this board the components you use is key. Plenty of aparently DOA boards fixed though you can brake any board. Rember the guy that did not use offsets between his MB and the tray and got pissed at DFI?!

I certanly hope DFI doesnt reign back on the OC potential to make it idot proof or dumbed down so it doesnt get any benifit from OC ram but runs well with the cheap stuff. There will always be boards to run at stock speed. I dont want one of them. If you want to go to the extreem Intel does have some good stable boards if performance is not key and DFI among others make those too.

[/rant]

I would have ben pissed too if I bought this board could not afford good ram..... but then if I was on a tight budget I would have ben getting the old NF3 board and used my old ram Vcard 6800LE etc.

tom's isn't the only one with poor reviews either. I sometimes have to wonder if these places aren't actually salesmen, or accepting things for a fixed outcome on a review. Some of the positive things they say about something isn't really all that positive, and vice versa. They will list things in the positive that I think should be standard, and then in the negative list things that aren't all that negative, like they did with this one listing the poor manual. Then when it all adds up it should really be about 45/55 but they somehow will make it 75/25.

Havent read the entire thread yet, but i'd like to pitch in a few comments.

Most review sites are very biased towards the people who send them things. you make bad reviews, you dont get sent anything from them in the future.

Toms is *sponsored* by intel and Nvidia, according to popular rumours, and tom himself stopped reviewing after claims of bias.

Yes the P4 rig dying horribly was funny to watch, and it was mostly because their "favourite" PSU at the time was a POS, and they didnt bother with a quality PSU (such as OCZ)

If you want un-biased reviews (ok, maybe 10% biased) check out www.3dchipset.com . I'm just starting out reviewing there and will have some DFI boards soon (hooray for crossfire!) up for review, and i'd welcome the comments from you DFI fanatics when i get it done.

Why am i not biased? cause i aint paid to do it (wish i was) and i have to buy most of this stuff, no-one is really willing to send off shiny expensive toys to new review sites, who arent guaranteed to give them a good rating. The two exclusions from that are DFI and OCZ, who have both replied instantly to sample requests and have incredible tech support should things go wrong.

*ends rant before it gets too long*

he doesn't even know which mb he's using. unless the UT started shipping with this gear.

LOL

funny thing is he says he has the UT, but he has FrontX and all the other stuff that comes with the non UT.

haha, that article cracked me up when he relied to a talking motherboard for help.

if he is going to have a site like "Toms hardware GUIDE" then he should know what to do and check when he has problems :tooth: