DFI NFII 400-AL Overclock!

Well, I got a new barton 2500+ since I fryed my 2700+ and low and behold it'll overclock to 2.13Ghz without any voltage changes! My DFI board doesn't have much overclocking options as it's not intended for overclocking but I'm still proud, see attached screenie. But my 2700+ would'nt overclock for crap so I'm extremely happy with what I've got.

33*C idle, 36*C load

Thanks, awhile back someone posted about a guy saying he flashed his DFI NFII 400-AL with a Lanparty A bios? If I tried this and it failed how could I get back the original DFI bios?

Thanks, awhile back someone posted about a guy saying he flashed his DFI NFII 400-AL with a Lanparty A bios? If I tried this and it failed how could I get back the original DFI bios?

You'd have to get the Bios chip flashed. Either Hotflash it yourself in another board that used the same type of 4mb Bios Chip or send it off to someone to be flashed.

Its a huge risk, and i can't recommend it personally.

If you had a Bios Saviour then it wouldn't be quite so bad. You could flash the Anandtech Lanparty A Performance Bios to the Saviour and if it didn't work, just flip back to your working Bios.

I'll look into it, thanks. I ran prime for 1hour 23minutes, not sure how long I'm supposed to run it for but I'll run it overnight tonight.

You want to run it for at least 8 hours really. OCCT is good because you can just run the 30 minute test that will usually show up errors quicker than Prime 95.

Its still good to run Prime95 overnight too though, because sometimes OCCT 30minute test might pass yet you'll find Prime95 will fail after so many hours.

It would be nice to know whether that LanParty A bios really does work on your board, but without knowing more i really can't recommend it to you.