Sign in to follow this  
kwan

is the list alright?

planning to buy the following next month, here is the list

AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3000+

DFI UT LanParty NF4 Ultra-D

OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K (2-2-2-5)

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB SATAII

RAIDMAX ATX-909WWP White case

Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply

MSI NX6800-TD128E Geforce 6800 128MB

Total $882.5

should i get OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) instead? it's around $30 different than the gold series......worth it? how much of the different it'll make?

If my memory has not failed me I think UT LanParty NF4 Ultra-D does not support SATAII, so I'd suggest you to go for a SATA HDD.

huh????????????????????????

it's DFI UT LanParty NF4 (Ultra-D) on the list not NF4-D

ultra-d can support sata 2 right????

Ultra-D supports SATA II yes, so do the SLI versions.

Only the NF4-D (non-Ultra) need to be modded to support SATA II/SLI (Ultra-D can be modded for SLI too)

the only real suggestion i would make is check out the power supply thread (link in my sig) and move to one of these:

Enermax 535 or 600w

OCZ Powerstream 520 or 600w

PCP&C 510w deluxe sli

Fortron BlueStorm 500w

I'm not a big fan of Antec psu's and have seen my share of problems with them on our NF4 boards. One of the above psu's are ones that majority of members here have and swear by and we've yet to see any of our NF4 boards that won't work reliably with one of the above psu's.

the Antec Version 2 is a very good choice indeed since it is ATX2 and a lot of a on the 12v rail

the OCX Pl Rev.2 will cause u lmuch less problems liek no need for active cooling and such , so yes i recommand to get it instead of the Gold if u r not a mad O/Cer and u will not like to place a fan on top of the ram and on top od the mosfet also

between how mcuh will ur vga cost ? since i think u better pay a little more and get the cheapest X800XL OEM from anywehre which will be much much better than a normal 6800

ok, so i guess i'll go with Fortron BlueStorm 500w and OCX Pl Rev.2

i think i will mod the motherboard to SLI, which i can use SLI later with 2 msi 6800s. but for the x800xl safrout recommand, i can't go with SLI right? cuz it's from ATI....