Weird boot problem

Hello all

I have bought a nF4 SLI-DR last week with a 3800+ Venice. I also changed my PSU in order to fit with power requirements... so I also bought an Antec Neo Power 480. I have a GeForce 7800 GTX as video card and some 'old' Kingston HyperX KHX3200 RAM modules ;) .

I build up a minimal system (w/o HDD, CD-ROM etc...) out of the case and tried to power up... and there we go :nod: I get a 'Standby power led' on, but when I press on the power button (from the card) nothing happens. I tried ~10 times more. Same problem... but after let's say half a minute, it just boot up without any kind of problem.

I discussed this issue with some other people, and they told me that maybe the power supply has a little delay between the time it is switched on, and the time it can deliver its power, due to voltage regulation... Do anyone of you encounter such a problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

It could be that the PSU needs some time to "load up" but i would doublecheck that with the mfg to be sure so theres nothing wrong w. your PSU (that could cause serious damage later :dog: )

Hummmm.... But some other interesting thing. I checked the PSU with another mainboard (An old Asus A7N8X Deluxe).... No problem at all. Could it be that there is an incompatibility between the SLI-DR and the Antec Neo Power 480 ? :confused:

Another thing that is different from Antec to Tagan: When I power on the Tagan, both DRAM Power and StandBy Power Led are on. When I switch on the Antec, only the StandBy Power light is on...