USB S3 Resume Feature

USB S3 Resume Feature might not alway work in this version of BIOS.

what does that do?

could that be what is causing my mouse to stop working?

I think i have a modded 11/24 bios I am running 200 by 10, and after a little bit the mouse will stop responding, I have put it ont he ps2 adapter and it will still do this

also my network card wll stop working, seems to like to do this when i get a good killing streak going :(

I am still on my DFI inifinity nforce 2 ultra

I have noticed this too!

When I set turn my FSB back to 166 and run at stock speeds, it doesn't seem to happen.. I'm not sure if it's because of the OC or not though, there seems to be a lot of issues here and I don't know why they're happening.

Are you actually using the S3 Resume feature then?

Try this.

Open Device Manager and right click on your USB Hubs(and any other devices your having issues with) and go to Power Management and make sure "Allow The Computer To Turn Off This Device To Save Power" is unchecked. It might not fix your problem but its worth a try...

Also right click on your desktop, select the Screensaver Tab and click Power. Select the Hibernate Tab and disable Hibernation. This'll free up a nice bit of HardDrive space too(if you use 1gb of ram you'll recover 1gb of HardDrive space).

Its just to do with the Stand By Mode thats all. S1(POS) is just more compatible with certain hardware and this is the option thats always selected in the Bios by default.

S3(Suspent To Ram) just lets the PC save more power when in Stand By Mode, but to be able to use this option all the devices in your PC must be ACPI compliant.

There seems to be an issue with that Bios KingJames is using when waking your PC up from StandBy Mode with a USB Mouse or Keyboard.

If I understand KingJames84's and zstryder's post well enough, they don't have a problem with resuming form a standby mode at all.

It seems to be a general overclock/instability problem.

S3 shouldn't be blamed for all issues.

Connector

If I understand KingJames84's and zstryder's post well enough, they don't have a problem with resuming form a standby mode at all.

It seems to be a general overclock/instability problem.

S3 shouldn't be blamed for all issues.

Connector

Was that aimed at me or them Connector? Because i never said it was down to S3(hence why i said, "its just to do with the Standby Mode thats all"), i was just explaining to them what S3/S1 was so they could understand it doesn't have anything to do with their issues.

Sorry Shinobi!

No, it wasn't aimed it you. I just wanted to clear up the problem. It's difficult in this threads to point out what you mean.

Yes i know what you mean :) I could have made it more clearer myself that it wasn't to do with the S3.

But i'm thinking there is a possibility it could be one of those issues that could be fixed by switching to the Advanced Configuration & Power Interface (ACPI) PC HAL. Other ppl have had similar issues in the past that have been fixed by this.