Sign in to follow this  
rompower

Problem... I mean...BIG problemS

@rompower

Any time you change the memory timings in BIOS, even one setting, you need to qualify your RAM at those settings with memtest. If the RAM passes memtest you can boot to the OS then run prime95 torture test for at least 8 hours to make sure your rig is stable.

If you encounter system crashes while testing your rig for stability with prime95 you are taking the chance that the OS will be corrupted. Once this happens you will need to perform a clean OS install to get things right again.

Remember that over clocking as more art than science. There are literally thousands of combinations that you might need to try before you get the level of success you are looking for if it's even possible.

If you don't follow these steps you are just wasting time.

Atm, LTD (htT) is at 4x...

I'll try lowering it @ 3x

but for now I'll try to run prime95

I've been able to play at battlefield 2 for at least 2 hours without crash.. So I guess this is because NFS u2 and Juiced aren't that stable...

:P

Have you turned off the AGP fast writes in the bios i had a lot of trouble in games till i did that. Especially in the benchmarks. Also i tried my first big o/c last night, i got my puter stable @ 2.83ghz (2.4 stock) @ 1.62 volts ram. I turned my HTT from 5x to 4x then upped the fsb slowy 5 mhz at a time till i hit 235 wasn't stable at 240 so tried at 338 and 236 would crash in prime at both those but @ 235 sweet as. Prime tourture test Large FFt's and ran fine for 2 hrs so looking good. My cpu multiplyer is still 12x haven't adjusted that one at all next step is lower the multi as it seems all my cpu can do is 2.83ghz and keep going on the fsb.

I let it at stock speed...I mean..barely.. 2028mhz...

Running prime95 torture test for 6hours now.. I'll let continue while @ work... It will give it a 15hours test..which will be enough to confirm stability... I'll try upping my mhz asteur... @ 1.42 volt ;)

maybe 2100~

Have to go..work time l8r :)

Well..

I was at 207... 10X

Raise to 212 10X my computer keeps rebooting (loop)

I shutdown completely...

Restart and let it go...and everything works fine..someone know why this is happening (looping and then...entire shutdown, restart and working???)

I'll wait to get answer about this before continuing :P

thanks

Ps. I tried Torture Test for 8 hours and 0 errors 0 warning...

What can it be? :|

@rompower

Are you taking the time to qualify your RAM at each new setting? At least run test 5 in memtest for a couple of passes before going back to the OS.

Another thing to be aware of is that just a couple of OS crashes can make it very unstable. You might want to perform a clean install just to take that out of the equation.