Problem... I mean...BIG problemS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1T is a more performance orientated memory settings where as 2T is slower and therefore more stable. By slower i mean by maybe 2% least that was the difference i got. with 2T in sandra i got 4704 mb/s with 1T i got 4798 mb/s, and it was less stable.

On the Amd o/c front this is also new territory for me as this is my first fory over to the Green side from the Blue. Not sure about the venice core but my san diego has a htt of 5x macking my fsb 2000. Now i read someware in this forum that if you overclock you should try and stay below that 2000 fsb figure by reducing the htt. if you drop the htt down a bit then you "should" be able to o/c more. Also try upping your core voltage as 1.28 sounds low to me. I just checked on amd website it says that your core the Venice is supposed to run 1.4volts. When i first booted up it wanted to run my 4000+ with only 1.28 volts and dang if it wasn't stable. Another thing i read was that if you use sata drives and want to o/c then you have to use ports 3 & 4 (the ones under the cpu hsf mount) as these are locked where as ports 1&2 are unlocked and rise with the fsb causing errors.

Due to what ever reason at dfi channels #1 and #3 are the 2 orange coloured ones and #2 and #4 are the yellow ones. I had the exact same problem but put both sticks in the same coloured slots and presto dual channel. Also on my board if i have the memory timming at 1T then it will crash all the time if i force 2T then stable as a rock. Memtest 86+ fails within 5 mins on 1T but went for over 24hrs on 2T.

What is your Tcl settings? Try 2.5 or 2 instead of 3 if you have it on 3.

My ram auto detected to be 1T but just like you, it was very unstable.

Super PI gives bad result, 3DMark05 will lead to reset / crash...

After some extensive google search, I saw a post saying that the problem would be fixed by lowering the Tcl. Perpahs you can give it a try... I mean... why run 2T when you can run on 1T with even lower Tcl?

On the NF4 as i have read there is no problem running 1T but on my NF3 it does not like 1T no matter what my ram settings. Which are 2.5,4,4,8 as they are default settings for the ram speed i am running.

How can I post picture here?!?!? :P

I'll join my cpu-z screenshot

TCL : 2.5-3-3-7

My memory can support up to 2-2-2-8 @ 3.2 volt... at least..the specs said it :P

But I heard that amd 64 aren't 100% with 2.5...they prefer 2 or 3...

Thx :)

NFS U2 crashes on my machine as well i read somewhare that there is a bug with the game , if memory serves it's a conflict with the mobo. Underground crashes in 3 to 4 mins here but i can play bf2 for more than an hour with no probs, pacific fighters for more than 4 hrs not a drama just need for speed has a problem. So if ya hve another game try it instead. Also if you have BF2 and an audigy series card do not install the 1.02 patch as it no likey audigy cards.

Well i finally finished the mods on my case (install 2x120mm silent x fans) so i am gonna try an overclock tonight. I'll post back with what i get.

Hi LordBollo..

I tried with Juiced...and..same thing.. I played one race.... on the second...bang...freeze..but the sound continues..but.. what's weird.. not a looping one :|

I push cap locks... after ~7-8 sec..the light opened...and nothing after.. event not ctrl-alt-del

Kinda confuse :|