How good of a buyer are you? How many "points did you get for you

Rezag1000

guys you are taking this WAY too seriously.

The fact is, if you bought your computer later on, your parts were cheaper, therfore you are a better buyer. I think that is fair

people with more patience got the better deals. Use the price of the comp from the day you bought it.

And if there are any better benchmarks you guys would like to use, you can switch to that one.

i thought we could use super pi but that is CPU dependent. So the next best thing is 3dmark.

Please post any better benchmakrs you have.

It was 2:30 in the morning, and I was just stirring the pot for some reason. All I have are old scores from my Asus, it's taken me 3 months to get this DFI stable and I've been too busy to run some benches.

I wasn't trying to be a jackass.

people with more patience got the better deals. Use the price of the comp from the day you bought it. -exactly what I said. Otherwise, you want bang for buck, Ill buy a Athlon-XP, OC that to hell put a X850 XT PE, buy BH-5 and done, 3DMark05 will get owned all that most likely under 800 $ with good PSU etc, this is inacurate as it doesnt mean anything is stable or that the psu will last etc, so quality is an issue, hence y we must go from price on day of purchase if it has gone down, to bad so sad.

you should put current cost as a factor, theres no way alot of us can compete with the new stuff. Cost of purchase compared with current cost would even the playing field. I'd use something more like 3dmark01 since it's based more on cpu then 03, plus scores reflect oc gains far better imo

The only games I can think of that show system performance would be true strafe fps, even then I wouldn't be suprised if most encounters are some sort of AI to cut down on internet traffic, just transmit general position then on encounters run a test against each player to see who scores better and the winner lives the looser dies, at least thats the way I believe cs:s to run, it's about position and reaction in encounters vs outstrafeing. Something along the lines of unreal tournament seams more real time strafe where system performance then becomes critical. MOH was always a good one as well, can you say bot?

hmm i'll get in on this.

1gig of khxpc3200ul 180$ (1x512, 2x256 3 chips total)

gainward fx5900xt ultra 256mb card 100# (410/730mhz)

nec dvdr 45$(black, ND-3520a)

all items purchased 9 months ago

total system cost as shown below 1050$

3dmark 03 only test 5018/1050 4.779pts per dollar

3dmark 01 14744/1050 14.042pts per dollar

aquamark 1024x768x32 36,568 :-)