How good of a buyer are you? How many "points did you get for you

Rezag1000

Lets see who the smartest shopper is here on DFI-street. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The way I figured we can do this is by comparing 3dmark scores and the amount you spent on your computer...

Now I know 3dmark is not the best representation of you computers performance, but it is the best thing we have right now

This is how it works

MAXIMUM 3DMark05 or 03 score/Amount your computer cost

EX:

I got 4081 in 05 and my computer cost $1041

so 4081/1041= 3.9 05 points for dollar

for 03 I got 9454 points

9454/1041= 9 points per dollar

Please use the scores from your MAXIMUM STABLE overclock (CPU and video card)

and dont be an butt and lie about your scores.

What will you gain by making some person over the internet jelous?

so my results are

05= 3.9 points per dollar

03=9 points for dollar

beat that ;)

Rezag1000,

So what prize are you offering for the person with the best score and least amount of cash outlay? :nod:

Tmod

Well Tmod, the prize I am offering cannot be topped. perhaps, once could compare it to the fountain of youth, but this prize is much more valuble ;)

As a matter of fact bob..er......I mean Tmod, at first I considered giving away a 7800 GTX but that just wouldn't cut it. No, no, I thought that a FX-57 would do, but that would not be enough for the winner either :angel: :angel:

So I finally decided to give away

something that can save ones life. :D And that is...........................

AIR, yes air. I will hold my breath for 10 seconds, allowing the winner to gulp down AIR.

Glad I didnt decide to give away a silly 7800 GTX huh?

this contest is too easy. I get the most value for my dollar since a typical machine only costs about $100 or less to put together (and no one can beat my FX-55 San Diego, 2GB OCZ memory, X850XT PE, DFI SLI-DR motherboard, Thermalright SLK-948U, Fortron BlueStorm psu, 17" Samsung Synchmaster CRT monitor for free, then I paid $39 for the Chieftech Dragon case on sale, $19 for a good Logitech MX310 mouse, $10 for a MS keyboard, $19 for a fan controller, $7 on fans, $7 for a floppy drive, $17 for a cd-rom)

total price? less than a hundred I bet

how the hell did you get all that for under a hundred dollars??

unless I cant read, I believe you said you built a system with a fx-55 for UNDEr $100

yo ugotta hook me up AG :shake: :shake:

Anyways, for all participants, you should use the price that includes the price of everything IN or ON or CONNECTED to you computer (cables are connected, dont count printers and moniters)

Also, if you are CONNECTED and got a FX-57 for free or something, you cant play.

HAHA AG LOSES!!!!!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Only new comps I guess, you cant price down, so if its old use orignal pricing to be fair. I'll lose this easily, althoug my purchases are very smart and cost efficient, I blew over 500$ in accesories alone, cables, lighting, etc.. Ye I know O_O.

AG tests out equipment that is part of his job the rest his his cost. I am not a real big fan of 3d mark except to show where you have issues. Game bences are cool the only problem is that they are mostly GPU limited. The new guys are aso going to get a far better score because prices drop pretty quick- the thing is if I waited for the same equipment I would not have ben able to play some games smoothly at any decent res or the new games smoothly at any res with all the eyecandy. I should have just bought a lanparty 250 a long time ago and not bought into all the hype. That is life though.

shoot, Im gonna register a domain name, get some sort of hosting as cheap as I can going and start one of these review sites, I shall call it DFIoverclockers.com or something like that :) and once I convince all the companies to send me free gear to review, Ill kiss butt all the way to this award ;) Ill give AG a run for the freebie gear money LMAO

so REGAZ, you can send that 7800 for review right away :) Ill talk it up better than anybody else ;)

Only new comps I guess, you cant price down, so if its old use orignal pricing to be fair. I'll lose this easily, althoug my purchases are very smart and cost efficient, I blew over 500$ in accesories alone, cables, lighting, etc.. Ye I know O_O.

So how is that fair? System costs would be about the same when bought at the same maturity time of the equipment, but the newer gear would walk right over the older stuff, especially with 3D-05. Older gear is much cheaper now, and won't score as high. Points per dollar would actually be higher, since you're not paying the premium for the bleeding edge.

Maybe the whole rating scheme is flawed for anything but the new hardware. For someone walking in with a garbage system they found in a dumpster, or bought used, and getting a low score would probably beat out the newer gear for points/$.

If performance per dollar is what you're after, then this should be viewed as if you bought the hardware yesterday and tested it today. Otherwise that $2000 you paid 3 years ago is going to make you seem like a crappy buyer by today's standards.

:stirpot: ;)

6600 or higher 3dmark 05 1398 USD = 4.68 with a Zalman 7000Cu cooler and the first HD I had. I did not retest with the WC stuff or raid array it would not help.

I would love to see some of the nonoverclocked systems with lower cost components. And perhaps exclude HD CPU and other variables.