Sign in to follow this  
perithimus

what are the max safe temps for my chipset on NF4 Lanparty UT?

50C is okay. have you tried to put better thermal paste on there??? (AS5). That might bring the temp down a little.

when the chipset is in the 60C's then i would worry more about it.

yeah it's got AS5 on it right now. The temps got a little higher after I took my xp-90 off. I am waiting to get a quiter fan, that tornado was too loud. Also it's summer, and it's hot in my apartment. really hot. I have a 120mm fan blowing in it's direction also. I have not seen it go over 50, and this is during the hottest part of the day.

What are DFI's specs. Right now I am running at 50c full load.

Am I understanding you correctly?? did you say "50C FULL LOAD", and you think this is hot?....... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Am I understanding you correctly?? did you say "50C FULL LOAD", and you think this is hot?....... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I never said I thought it was hot did I? I just want to know the information I asked for.

Guest jot

I run my board 24/7 cranked and my chipset temps never get above 42 to 43c ever. You got to be runn'n too much juice. It's just not needed to get good clocks.

Ok, with my setup below I had my chipset running 48C idle and 57C under load.

I added a very low speed 120mm fan (like 20-30cfm) that blows directly onto the chipset between my two 7800 GTX's and now I get 44C idle, 48C load.

With a higher CFM fan (delta 120mm, pushing about 70 cfm) my idle temps went down to 41C. I didn't test under load.

Guest jot

Quick little suggestion if u have'nt already take off chipset fan and remove that crap thermal stuff thing junk that's on the bottom of the fan and add some good thermal compound.That should reduce your temps a good bit.

I run my board 24/7 cranked and my chipset temps never get above 42 to 43c ever. You got to be runn'n too much juice. It's just not needed to get good clocks.

I am not running anything overclocked currently.