Anyone play an instrument?

See the sig :) yep, I used to have quite a few guitars, damn ebay ;) but my most current by far the most favorite to day is the Ibanez Joe Satriani. :) I only have the JS100, thier cheaper Korean made version but if I could come up with the money, I would so buy the Made in Japan JS 1000 one :) FWIW the JS 100 aint a bad little axe, once I got to work setting up to my tastes, its been great. I loved the strats, but start messing around with the trem and forget it, retuning time :), the Mexi one wasnt too bad build wise, the Squiers leave alot to be desired, I also had a very nice Epiphone, and a few good Washburns in the past, also had a couple of Acoustics from Ibanez and one from a company called Sonata, you can only get them from Brook Mays Music Group stores, my local store being H and H, a sister company of thiers. For a quote no name guitar, I found out its made by Samick with thier house brand on it, its a great guitar, in fact its been my Favorite acoustic :) I also dabbled with Bass for a while, had a Oscar Schmidt, a Precisicion, and a Fretless Jazz :) why I sold that one I still dont know what I was thinking :( but finally acquired the JS, and its the most comfortable and sweetest sounding guitar I have ever owned. The Floyd Rose is a pain to change strings with and get it setup, but once I tweaked it out it stays in tune and I can hit that bar all day long and it returns right back to correct pitch, Im happy with it. Hehehehe, we should get a DFI-Street band going, that would be cool :) I turned to computers, thats about as bad as collecting and selling Guitars ;) too bad I dont have as good of a job as I used to, its probably good, keeps me from upgrading too much, also curtailed my guitar hobby. I realized I only needed one good instrument, not several at a time considering its a hobby, I dont gig with a band.

when I was a kid I wanted to learn how to play the guitar, my parents bought me a trombone :eek:

Needless to say my music endevaors were crushed at a tender age.

Heh.... I know where you're coming from.

When I was in elementary school my parents asked my what I wanted to play. I either said drums or guitar.... can't quite remember. Well..... I didn't get to play either. You see... my parents and the old guy who ran the music lesson place convinced me that I should really learn to play the accordion before trying anything else.

I took lessons for a few years and then became "non-musical" for probably 15 years. Then the accordion trauma finally wore off and I went back to guitar.

Theres nothing wrong with an accordion, or violin, or anything like that, I have come to appreciate all styles of music, I developed a greater appreciaton for musicians in general when I started to play guitar thinking oh yea this is gonna be easy and wow, boy did I find out its not so easy as I thought. Then when I have on occasion tried playing with others, its not easy trying to stay on the same page with everyone else, now when I hear a symphony I think wow, for that many people to come together and play as a whole, its pretty amazing to me, and I realized that back when I would say uggh, classical, how boring now I can really dig it, its not like my old only Hard Rock days was cool LOL :) hey classicals cool when you hear satch or vai play bethoven, its actually neat cause I never thought of spitting that out on the electric way back when ;)

Well... I have yet to find an appreciation for the accordion. Yes. I have some baggage.

Violin on the other hand. Good violinists are incredible. A couple months ago I was playing bass with a group and there was a violin instructor playing with us. Neither one of us had played with the group before. I was amazed at how well she fit into the group and knew what to play. It was really cool.

guitar is the most common :) cool thing about learning bass was you can find a gig with just about anything though LOL, I just dont have the time to commit to anything, I wouldn't mind learning some other stuff, like anything, time and money, you can always make the time but not nessecarily the money sometimes :(