Sign in to follow this  
Gipse

utt or tccd for my new lanparty?

Hi,

I´m going to build up my first a64 (3200 venice) system with dfi lanparty ultra d.

Should i keep my utt´s (see my sig how they perform now on nf2) or should I use my "old" 2x512 A-Data Tccd?

I have to sell one kit to go shopping for new parts :sweat:

Thanks for your help!

(sorry for my english)

other parts: Xp90-C with Papst, Sapphire X850XT, OCZ Powerstream 520, Chieftec Bigtower (Mesh)

Gipse

Hi,

I will sell my X800XL and buy a X850XT (pcie), so I´ll go for nf4.

I can´t test both kits because I need the money to get new parts...

A-Data is not the best manafacturer for tccd ram; I´ve heard from many people that these ram ends up at about 270 in dc with average timings (2.5-4-3 or 4-x). So I thought it would be better to stay with utt´s and tight timings. But maybe I´m wrong.

Gipse

The only way you can really tell is if you bench them both. Your board definately has the options for both types of RAM, so just try them both out and see which one works best for you.

Personally, I use TCCD on my 3000+ Winchester. When you have chips like this with lower multi's, the FSB has to be higher in order to get some decent clocks. Therefore, if you want to keep your stuff running 1:1, then you have to use TCCD/TCC5 in order to keep the clocks up. I mean, it's possible to get some UTT / *H-5 based RAM with some high clocks, but it's not likely.

So, with your 3200+, especially since it's a Venice and hopefully a decent stepping, you should be able to get a decent OC by upping the FSB and leaving the multi at 10. I personally don't like using dividers, so my recommendation would be to use TCCD and run it up 1:1.

But, as I said, never know until you try :D Good luck.

Guest jot

If u can find some orig bh-5 than I would say bh because it's cheap and will take a beat'n. Tccd is not so cheap for the the good stuff.