Sign in to follow this  
ShadowX

Problem after flashing the BIOS

Hi All,

After I managed to tune my system to a stable state, i.e. passing 3DMark05 and Super PI, I decided to upgrade my BIOS.

Thus I downloaded the latest bios "N4D623-3.zip" together with WinFlacrap4 (I don't have a floppy), and I was able to flash my bios no problem.

However, after I restart, I went into the bios and load the optimized CMOS setting, my windows will always do a power failure shut down and restarts, and if I don't do anything it will just keep repeating itself over and over again.

Oh and there is a BSOD just before shutdown but it happens too quickly I cannot quite figure out what it says.

So I thought to myself, "Why don't I just FLASH it back to the Old bios?" (I managed to backup the bios before flashing!)

Thus I booted in safe mode and double clicked the program "WinFlash", and hoping everything will be back to the way it was before really soon, but instead... it gave me this error:

"OnBoard BIOS Not Award BIOS!"

What am I suppose to do now?

I've tried:

Disabling CPC,

Changing Tcl from Auto to 2.5

Boosting up my DRAM V to 2.8

Clear CMOS

Use optimized CMOS setting

And none of them worked...

Some help will be great! Thanks!

More info:

It says "Phoenix - Award WorkstationBios CMOS Setup Utility" in the bios setup menu.

And it says Phoenix - Award WorkstationBios v6.00PG upon the bootup screen

I entered safe mode and use system recovery function to roll back to the last check point, and it seems to work fine now.

I think it might be due to the conflict between the latest bios and 6.66 Nvidia driver.

I am no expert. But I am not sure your conclusion is correct. From what I have read here and compared with your stated process, it doesn't look like you followed the recommend steps. See below thread and snippet of that thread. I followed this and had no problem. Well one problem I didn't have a floppy.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6369

How-To Flash Bios:

grab a bootable pure dos floppy disk (you can download dos image with 310 public release (NOT the "P" performance/beta version, but final version) on it, to be written to floppy above OR download bootable CDROM image w./ all bioses OR you can make one through your operating system: right click a: in my computer -> format -> check make ms dos startup disk) and place awdflash and bios file on this floppy. these can be found (dos flash util and bios file) above.

enter bios -> load optimised defaults -> y->save -> boot off disk -> follow flash instructions in the .txt that comes with awdflash.rar OR type 'flash' at A:, if using bootable dos image w./ 310 on it OR follow on screen instructions if using bootable CDROM image. If using the 'awdflash.rar method', remember to replace BIOSFILE.BIN with bios filename (awd859e BIOSFILE.BIN /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R /f) -> after it is done, it will reset on its own -> after reset, enter bios -> load optimised defaults->y->save->after POST finishes -> shutdown ->switch off PSU -> unplug -> wait for yellow lights to turn off -> press power a few times-> set clear CMOS jumper -> wait for 10 minutes->set jumper back -> plug in ->switch on -> power up -> enter bios -> load optimised defaults -> now configure your bios.

loading optimized defaults F10, then hit save and exit... Has very similar issue and it all worked spiffy. After flashing to the lastest biod from dfi's site... Just trying to help...