RAM and BIOS probs. on DFI SLI-D

Hi all - first post :)

Just bought a LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D and have had nothing but weird problem with it!

First off, it is in NO WAY possible to run dual channel, because ram-socket 3 & 4 just wont work. When using 2 & 4 for dual, it wont go past the "CPU detected" part in the diagnostics leds and therefore the screen doesn't turn on.

Second, when succesfully booting the computer using single channel ram in sockets 1 & 2, it gets to where it posts a warning about not running dual-channel and says: "f1 to continue, del to enter bios". No matter which of the two choices i make it takes the computer about 3-10 seconds to react, if i choose to enter the bios it's the same annoying problem, 3-10 seconds responstime...

The last of these two problems is the most annoying since it prevents me from booting from a cd, and thereby installing windows from boot ...

Anyone heard or experienced these problem and have a solution ??

Sidenote: I run a Seagate 200gb hdd on sata port 1 as the only disk and a LiteOn dvd-burner on IDE primary/master as only optical drive

:confused: :confused: :confused:

/Luke.Perry

I think on the first boot it is recommended to only use one stick of ram in the furthest slot. Then once you get all the bios settings (timings, etc) in manually, for your ram, then load OS, then stick in the other stick of ram.

I can tell you this...Make sure the bios is up to date. Their is a memory compatibility fix in the bios dated 3/10/05 http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=A&SITE=US

I had issues like yourself. I was running some expensive Mushkin 400 special 222. I cranked the voltage to 2.8 and adjusted the settings in all ways...It would not run that memory in dual channel...I contacted Corsair via email...Explained the board I had etc. They recommended some plug and frag memory that was the cas latency as my mushkin......280 dollars later....I got the memory.

Plugged it in and presto...it sets itself up in the bios to the best settings and boots with no problems. Of course you can still tweak it.

Awesome Board. I have the Karanjan audio...Nice..Better Quality than SB Audigy2 ZS.

I tried the first persons reply...didn't work. Even Mushkins high end tech was at a loss...Its all in the chips.