Sign in to follow this  
Zer0X

Gatesware XP throws me a BSOD

I have the VGA/HDD Regulator going to the Board and one (using a converter) going to the top Video card. The PCIe Regulated is going to the bottom Card. I have the first floppy going to the mother board that is sharing a conection with one 80mm fan, my raptor. The second one line is going to optical, the fan controller, and one pump.

The second pump, 3 panaflows, two blacklights are ona second PSU housed below see the pics.

image0695il.th.jpgimage0746qj.th.jpgimage0720hz.th.jpgimage0756pb.th.jpg

the LCD, and both PSUs are connected to one serge protector that plugs into spike protector. Also please not that I am not done yet. That 120mm fan cooling my memory is going to be replaced by my ramflo upon arrival. I still have to do my custom "where the wires at?" job too :)

Wehre do you find that setting? I have cleared the CMOS a few times (everytime I moved the SLI jumpers). I do not know if it is on by default.

Thanx for the pics it feels good to see what Im workin wit ;)

Alright, What I am about to tell you may sound painful but...Les start with unhooking EVERYTHING except the bare essentials, in your case everything except the CPU, RAM, GFX cards and the water cooling as that stuff is runnin on another PSU altogether. No floppy, accessory fans, or anything miscellaneous including CD-ROMS(yeah I said it)that is connected to the board. Just bare essentials. The settings I mentioned are in the GENIE BIOS on the 2 or 3rd row

and the dual 6600 option is at or around the bottom(sight unseen...)

Thanx for the pics it feels good to see what Im workin wit ;)

Alright, What I am about to tell you may sound painful but...Les start with unhooking EVERYTHING except the bare essentials, in your case everything except the CPU, RAM, GFX cards and the water cooling as that stuff is runnin on another PSU altogether. No floppy, accessory fans, or anything miscellaneous including CD-ROMS(yeah I said it)that is connected to the board. Just bare essentials. The settings I mentioned are in the GENIE BIOS on the 2 or 3rd row

and the dual 6600 option is at or around the bottom(sight unseen...)

ROFL!!

I can handle that :D I will try it after I get off work (I actually had to go in which means someone did something stupid :rolleyes:

I will defintely check out the 6600 option but I have one question: Does it matter if the cards I am using are 6800Ultras?

ROFL!!

I can handle that :D I will try it after I get off work (I actually had to go in which means someone did something stupid :rolleyes:

I will defintely check out the 6600 option but I have one question: Does it matter if the cards I am using are 6800Ultras?

Possibly, but even still....that is a very good question...but I would test the above mentioned apps with the setting ENABLED(Disabled by default?)

Another question, have you tried different SLI RENDERING MODES?(i.e. AFR)

$7 grand...I wish I had clients ;) Actually I do(just none droppin 7G's)

Also have you played with SLI PROFILES for either of those games?

jus let me know when you can,

h

Well more of the same gentlemen. I enabled the 6600 option and enable SLI aperature and still I get the blue screen of death. I didn't get it when I had the jumpers set to single mode and both cards in stalled (minus the bridge). It is too bad the Blues screen won't stay visble for more than a few minutes or I would give you the exact error.

What I did was:

1. Had the jumpers set to single mode with the other card unplugged and installed the drivers from CD.

2. I then installed the second card (without changing the jumpers) windows loaded fine but I was unable to turn SLI on.

3. I shut everything down and took out both cards and set the jumpers to SLI. I put both cards back in and attached the bridge. You already know the outcome.

EDIT: the name of the error I think is Page Fault loaded in non PAGE AREA? Any suggestions?

Well more of the same gentlemen. I enabled the 6600 option and enable SLI aperature and still I get the blue screen of death. I didn't get it when I had the jumpers set to single mode and both cards in stalled (minus the bridge). It is too bad the Blues screen won't stay visble for more than a few minutes or I would give you the exact error.

What I did was:

1. Had the jumpers set to single mode with the other card unplugged and installed the drivers from CD.

2. I then installed the second card (without changing the jumpers) windows loaded fine but I was unable to turn SLI on.

3. I shut everything down and took out both cards and set the jumpers to SLI. I put both cards back in and attached the bridge. You already know the outcome.

EDIT: the name of the error I think is Page Fault loaded in non PAGE AREA? Any suggestions?

I know it seems weird but this is actually a good sign ;)

Now you (and I) KNOW there is CERTIFIABLY a RAM problem. Alright, can you get her up with 1 stick or run both of em in single channel?

You should definitely in this case (unless something is wrong with ur RAM like RMA status wrong...)be able to get her up with RGONE's BIOS settings in his FAQ somewhere on these boards, there almost fail-safe. Otherwise, do you have another SLI bridge to be absotively sure, or have can you use this one another rig?

Your almost there :angel:

sux don't it,

h

I know it seems weird but this is actually a good sign ;)

Now you (and I) KNOW there is CERTIFIABLY a RAM problem. Alright, can you get her up with 1 stick or run both of em in single channel?

You should definitely in this case (unless something is wrong with ur RAM like RMA status wrong...)be able to get her up with RGONE's BIOS settings in his FAQ somewhere on these boards, there almost fail-safe. Otherwise, do you have another SLI bridge to be absotively sure, or have can you use this one another rig?

Your almost there :angel:

sux don't it,

h

I am not going to even bother with these current sticks if that is the case. I will swap them out with my VX Gold 2x512MB and see if I get the same thing.

Thanks for the link.

Ok I formatted my Hard drive again (Im getting good at this :) ) and this time I am ghosting this thing. I have the 77.76 Drivers downloaded and the CHipset (6.66) downloaded as well. I have installed only one thing and that is the marvel LAN drivers so I could connect to the internet.

Now should I put both my cards in (set jumpers to SLI and bridge it) then install botht he chipset, reboot, then the graphic drivers?

or

Should I leave one card in (mobo jumpers at single unbridged) then install the chipset, reboot, then graphics?

From your information, I can see that the BSOD only happening after the updating of the latest chipset driver and video driver.

I'd recommend to break this step into two steps. So do the following:

1. Setup the system with packaged drivers & upgrade WindowsXP to SP2 (Have LAN ready)

2. Install the games you wanna test + other test softwares and try them out

(At this stage the games should be unstable as you described under SLi, but should not have BSOD)

3. Ghost (Even though the games are not stable, it is still a good idea to ghost since you have not fiddled around with any drivers update)

4. Upgrade "Graphic driver" and test

5. Upgrade "Chipset driver" and test

My assumption would be that after you finish doing 5 the BSOD problem pops up. I think there is some conflict on 6.66 and 623 Bios update, although I might be very very wrong.

Hmmm.....

W = A * V .... sooooo.... using simple math (not my strong suit)....

Each GFX card is reported to use just over 100W on the 12V rail (actually, that may have been the 7800's that I saw that number for, aparently, 6800 Ultra's are higher)...

100 / 12 = ~8.5 so we're using 17A to drive the video.

Each core in the X2 takes about 60W ... 5A each... so without touching any of the other components, we're sucking down 27A (out of the 33) on your 12V rail. Not sure what other devices take that same voltage... chipset? other PCI Devices? HDisk?

I know that you've pretty much decided it is memory and not power... but a lot of times insufficient power results look alot like memory issues. If you have a really beefy PSU layin around, you could try it. Worst that can happen is it doesn't work.

CC

Hmmm.....

W = A * V .... sooooo.... using simple math (not my strong suit)....

Each GFX card is reported to use just over 100W on the 12V rail (actually, that may have been the 7800's that I saw that number for, aparently, 6800 Ultra's are higher)...

100 / 12 = ~8.5 so we're using 17A to drive the video.

Each core in the X2 takes about 60W ... 5A each... so without touching any of the other components, we're sucking down 27A (out of the 33) on your 12V rail. Not sure what other devices take that same voltage... chipset? other PCI Devices? HDisk?

I know that you've pretty much decided it is memory and not power... but a lot of times insufficient power results look alot like memory issues. If you have a really beefy PSU layin around, you could try it. Worst that can happen is it doesn't work.

CC

I was discussing this with my Customer and depending on how things turn out he will be looking at this

That would dedicate a rail to each graphic card, CPU and harddrive.

It is a good thing I am building more than one PC right now because I can upgarde the weaker system with the parts coming from the bigger one.

EDIT: Hard drive cosumption

8.40 Watts on 12v = .7A

Optical is the same .7A

Cold Cathode = 8.4 watts on 12V = .7A too

Fan Controller 12V X 1.5A = 18 Watts

MCP655 Pump 24 W = 12V * 2A

17.0+5.0+5.0+0.7+0.7+0.7+1.5+2.0= 32.6 which leaves onlt .4 left on those rails. I don't have enough power :eek2: :sad: