Hard Drive Recomendation For Raid 0 And Power Supply And Memory

I'm looking for a hard drive, or should I say two, for my new computer to put specifically into raid 0 with a DFI Lan Party Nf4 Ultra-D, I am looking for the cost of the two drives to be £120 or less, any body know of excellant raid 0 hard drives?

I have also heard that the Lan Party Nf4 Ultra-D is also a bit more picky with power supplies that it likes to use than other motherboards, can anybody recomend a power supply that they have had no problems with for the system specifications below, and are there any specific specifications of a power supply that is required by the Ultra-D?

I have decided to get 2GB of ram, has anybody used the Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2Pro, or know of any problems it has with the Ultra-D board, or any recomendations for a different 2Gb set of ram?

Monitor: Iyama Vision Master Pro 454 19" CRT Revision B

Case: Lian Li PC-V1000

CPU: AMD Athlon 3500 64 bit Venice chip RETAIL

Graphics Card: 6800 GT

Motherboard: DFI LanParty Ultra-D

Hard Drive:

Memory: Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2Pro

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 THX OEM/RETAIL

Any help is much apreciated. :)

Don't get Corsair because they don't work well with this board and for hard drives I'd get either a pair of HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 80GB or a pair of HITACHI Deskstar T7K250 160GB The 160gbs are bigger and faster but cost a little more but they are both really fast in raid as you can see on benchmarks here .

Edit: Oh and then theres the HITACHI Deskstar T7K250 250GB which is faster than the 160gb and bigger but also cost a little more. Its not a $hitload faster but its faster.

if I were to start from scratch with buying hard drives, I would just buy 1 really fast one (like a raptor, or a scsi) and not have to mess with raid. Then in the future, when prices come down, and when you need more space, you could buy another identical one, then raid those!

Is there any reason why the corsair memory is poor with this motherboard, and how is it poor, and any recomendations for other memory types. Thanks

Corasir makes good memory, its just that for some reason people have lots of problems with it on this board....you'll find lots who don't have probs too.

I would recommend OCZ, Buffalo, and Crucial, simply because they have tech support guys who hang out here and post often.

I've been reading just about all the threads in the 64bit and OC sections for the last 10 days or so,most of the probs have been just getting the MB up and running stock w/corsair ram.

I have some old corsair BH5 and I've had no probs,but I'm on NF2 and that's totally diff,there just seems to be some imcompatibility probs w/corsair ram and DFI NF4.(maybe not isolated to DFI,I don't know)

I am saying in no way it can't be done,it just seems way more difficult than other ram and value ram also is big no no

My Corsair runs fine. Had no problems with it. But from reading the forums it seems to be about 50/50 on those that have had problems and those that haven't with their Corsair RAM.

Go to Corsair's web site, and pull up their recommended RAM for this board. The site will tell you that this board does not recognize the RAM properly, and that you need to up the voltage from 2.6 to 2.8 or 2.9 in the BIOS, and that you also need to manually configure the latency.

I had problems until I upped the voltage, and now I'm good, but with only 2 sticks. I don't have the nerve to try 4 sticks. I also tried to adjust the latency, but goofed the first time and had to reset the CMOS ... so I haven't tried that again yet. Maybe with the Corsair recommendations it'll work with 4 sticks ... but if I could do it again, I'd go with a different brand for this board.

Caveat: the RAM I used is slightly different that what you are asking about.