Problems getting SPDIF working on NF4 Ultra-D

I am a first time DFI mobo purchaser. I recently purchased a DFI NF4 Ultra-D. Everything, seems fine, except I cannot figure out how to get sound out of the SPDIF. I am using if for a Home theatre PC, plus everyday gaming/surfing/email machine. I sent the SPDIF on my old machine to my home theater system for 5.1 DTS and Doulby Digital. Now with the new DFI Ultra-D, I have no idea on how to get sound out of the SPDIF. The manual doesn't describe much, except the SPDIF jumpers( which I tried both NF4 and AC850) options. I have the NVmixer drivers on the install CD installed. I am completely puzzeled, why I doesn't work. No sound on "Speaker Wizard" out of the digital output. Does anybody no what I am doing wrong?

S/PDIF doesn't work for me with either drivers with the jumpers in either position. I currently have the nv drivers installed and the jumper on pins 2-3 (down) as the manual says and it doesn't work. Using 6.66 drivers on XP SP2.

• 2 weeks later...
S/PDIF doesn't work for me with either drivers with the jumpers in either position. I currently have the nv drivers installed and the jumper on pins 2-3 (down) as the manual says and it doesn't work. Using 6.66 drivers on XP SP2.

I'm having the same problem, however, PowerDVD does play full DTS and 5.1 properly, all speakers used (Z-5500). But the NVMixer refuses to properly test and recognize these speakers.

I'm using the Coax output but the Direct outputs didn't help either.

I'd really like to get proper 5.1 on this thing...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...