anyone run native SATA DVDRW or one with an adapter?

As of the past 24 hours I have been having random lockups, no BSOD, just frozen screenie :( This was really bad in my old 95 days, happened sometime in 98, when I got XP and with the old chaintech it never happened so its frustrating to have this happen to me once again :(

Ok, so I am like fine, I know the Mobile chip can do 2.2 without breaking a sweat, I had things set up 210*11 so I backed off a bit to 200*10, I have the Ram set to its spd and I have the volts at 2.9, I figured this would represent a non overclocked 3200 XP chip, surely this gear should be able to do that, its still crapping out, ok so Im like really starting to get frustrated, I zeroed in on the fact I hear noise in the DVDRW. Now I glance over at it and the activity light is blinking on and off, much like a blinking red light :( now why is it doing that???

So I went ahead and disconnected it, now it has gone for the past hour without a lock up. I went ahead and reconnected it and bam, within a few mins, lockups :( grr, so I guess I will have to not use the SATA to IDE converter and just try it on the IDE ribbon, grr I hate those, I really like using the converter as it really makes cable management cleaner, but Im just trying to weed out the issue. If it keeps locking up on the IDE ribbon, maybe the drives going bad, I hope not, it was just bought note more than 3 weeks ago :( I hope Samsung's RMA is good

So is anyone using the Infinity or LP b with a SATA native DVDRW and or one of the converters? And if so anyone aware of any issues with it and the Infinity/Sil3114??? I have a Syba 3112 PCI addin controller, I guess I shall have to maybe try it as well :( Grrrr because with this onboard the HDD had been doing much better benchmark wise

If I have to resort to a add in controller Im seriously considering dumping this board :( and just biting the bullet going to A64 Venice with a NF4 board, Seriously because I cant get the onboard lan to work on this thing, if the onboard SATA aint going to work I dont like that either, I have UTT BH ram, I know its whats not allowing me past 210, I was hoping for at least 225, nope not with this stuff, I am seeing people with success with my exact RAM doing great on the NF4, I just bought that SI97A HSF, its just too tempting, playing BF2 a new vid card is a nice want, also know I can get another set of that exact Mushkin, have 2 gig and a board/cpu that supports it, BF2 from what Im reading could sure utilize it :)

But I hate to throw in the towel prematurely :) I dont want to say screw this board until I know for sure, I am starting to wonder if it was a dud and the dude knew it and dumped it on the bay for that reason, shoot if I do decide to go on to the next platform, I would definately let this go for uber cheap, the Mobile Ill probably try and offload on pcper, but I might consider letting one of you fellas having the board first, check it out, see if you replicate what Im having trouble with, and if you do, let you probably just keep it, or if it works out, then arrange some sort of a payment, Im being serious too, if I had RAM worth a damn for this board I might not be so quick to say screw it, but if Im going to spend more money towards RAM I might as well just make the swap

Anyhow, any insight on the SATA thing would be nice, I dont want rule anything out until I know exactly whats up with it, I think I shall install that addin card and see if it still craps out, if so then I know its this new DVD RW drive, I hope not

yep updated firmware, same symptom, so i hooked up to the ide ribbon instead, its still behaving strangely, tryed my addin SATA pci card, same deal, then back to the onboard SATA, again same crap, Im noticing with either SATA adapter and or on the IDE channel its taking way too long to detect upon posting and so far as long as I have not had it hooked up on the board, its been running rock solid, min I try it again it freezes within anywhere from one min after XP is up and running to about 10 mins, so Im assuming this Drive is going south, just to verify my Dad said I can bring it by tommrow and drop in his machine and if it starts behaving strangely over there, well there you have it

Curses my bad hardware luck, why me ? :(

I already called the Samsung help line, they said an RMA is no problem if it still doing over at dads, Im sure it will, the SATA and the IDE on this board are two seperate things, it has to be the drive, but Ill double check it to just make sure :( its always something isn't