RAM 'stuck' at 166MHz.. won't go up to 200MHz on LPB

i had the prob with my comp being really slow when i used the 200fsb, i saw somewhere where this mobo dosent like 400fsb of the higher bartons so i lowered it. is this correct? i also saw there was a bios update for the 400fsb could that help? sorry didnt mean to thread jack

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also something I just noticed now that I'm taking the mobo out of the case... it looks like there's some "paint spillage" (the best way to describe it) slightly to the left of the two IDE connectors.. I dunno what the deal is with that.. seems kinda bizarre.

Lol. Not white paint is it? A small streak...

Its a Made In China motherboard, but all the motherboard PCB's they have say Made In Taiwan. So what they do is white out the Made In Taiwan and stick a Made In China sticker on the underside of the motherboard :)

I wonder how much the guy who does that job gets paid. Must get pretty tedious :D

My very first Infinity was a Taiwan board. When i got my 2nd one i noticed the white paint straight away, plus it wasn't packaged quite as well.

Some ppl say the China boards aren't of as good of a build quality but in reality they are exactly the same parts, just built in China not Taiwan thats all.

I think a lot of it is psychological. Everyone knows they are on very low wages in China(hence why all these companies move production over there) and so probably assume the quality of workmanship will be lower too...

If it bothers you that much you you can just clean the white paint off easy enough ;) Ask playah :D

pics of this supposedly white paint?

FWIW Tawain is basically an extension of China, so I see it as made in China, its sad that alot of the stuff is made in such bad conditions, not just computers, but everything in general. anyhow, my board has a sticker that says china, but I didnt see any white paint running anywhere :(

Mine isn't a streak near the DIMM slots though.. it's just to the left of the IDE connectors. If this is the edge of the board, and it's a rather large splotch, not just a streak...

______________________________________RAM3________|

______________________________________RAM2________|

*splotch* |___IDE1___| |___IDE2___| _____RAM1________ |

__________________________________________________|

yay for ascii art.

pics of this supposedly white paint?

FWIW Tawain is basically an extension of China, so I see it as made in China, its sad that alot of the stuff is made in such bad conditions, not just computers, but everything in general. anyhow, my board has a sticker that says china, but I didnt see any white paint running anywhere :(

Being Taiwanese, I have to say that most computer products made in Taiwan > made in China. This much I can guarantee you. There's a reason so many of the big mobo makes are of Taiwanese origin. ;)

I don't want to drag politics into here, but let's say Taiwan isn't a part of China. :D

Yeah it probably is then zstryder. I'd forgotten where abouts exactly it was and just thought i remembered it being near the Dimm slots. Must be thinking of something else, the NFII Ultra(or LanParty B) written on the board maybe?

So your Taiwanese eh? Get us any cheap stuff :D You should fill your location in so ppl know where you are from.

Taiwan is completely independent from China Jeremy, has been since around what, 1950? And was only occupied by them for about 4years or so ;) As zstryder says, in reality it has very little to do with China...

Its a bit like saying the US is just a part of the UK ;)