Sign in to follow this  
Xerxes

Nf4 Ultra-D power issues with seasonic

Well, I ordered my Seasonic 600W like 2 weeks ago when Ewiz had that crazy $106 sale.

I've used it on my old system and my new system just booted yesterday.

Flawless. I love this PSU so far.

Well, I just got my new S12 600w that Seasonic replaced for me and my computer still does not boot. Maybe I will try to clear the cmos and see if that works. That is strange it works in systems that are so similiar and does not in others.

Guys i have a seasonic 600W and i've got the bare minimums - CPU RAM Voodo3 and all the plugs plugged in. The 4 led's light up and stay dim for about 1 second and the whole thing shuts down to stand by mode - DRAM and STANDBY LEDs are amber. Help!!

dunno if the sig is showing up or not it isn't for me so here it is:

Athlon 3000+ Venice E6

Seasonic S12 600W

DFI LanParty Ultra-D

Mushkin 1GB Redlines XP3200

3dfx Voodoo 3

Well, I finally got this thing to power up. Today I decided to give it one last try and plugged all 4 power connectors into the motherboard and the ram led was blinking, so I unplugged everything and checked all my connections and now it powered up. There is no way that the connections could have been loose because I have checked and doubled checked everything in all the times I have had this connected and reconnected. Anyway so far, so good.

So has the issue been finally resolved or is it still a hit or miss thing. Are there specific combinations of mobo and PSU revisions that are incompatible or all of them are incomaptible

I am seriously considering the S12-600 and need input. Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem with the seasonic s12 600w. I changed it out for an ENERMAX 600w all in One Noisetaker Series problem solved. If you want a good PSU I would recommend the Noisetaker 600w. The only thing I had to do is get a 4 pin P4 adapter for the CPU for the new ATX 12V V2.01 standard.

i just picked up a seasonicc s12 500w and am having the same issue, i'm gonna try flashing to a new bios to see if it helps. but, at this point i'm rather fonder of the psu than the motherboard (plus i can't return the psu).

Can you post a link to the adapter you had to get?

The Enermax should have all the proper connections included for these boards.

See here for the ATX 12V 2.2 spec which is the latest...

http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/atx2_2.pdf

I had the same problem with the seasonic s12 600w. I changed it out for an ENERMAX 600w all in One Noisetaker Series problem solved. If you want a good PSU I would recommend the Noisetaker 600w. The only thing I had to do is get a 4 pin P4 adapter for the CPU for the new ATX 12V V2.01 standard.

Can you post a link to the adapter you had to get?

The Enermax should have all the proper connections included for these boards.

See here for the ATX 12V 2.2 spec which is the latest...

http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/atx2_2.pdf

Mine had a note from enermax saying sorry for the inconvenience. That they just had switch to the standard. I also got mine at fry’s that is were I got the adapter cost a hole $2.99 US. So there may be some enermax noisemakers out there without adapters in them

here is a link to neweeg showing the adapeter that enermax is now shipping to make this PSU have all the conection

Newegg enermax noisetaker

click on the image with the enermax manual to see there adapeter

3005487dh.jpg

Just as I thought. It's actually an EPS 12V power supply which is a server spec.

The 8pin CPU connector is starting to show up on several new "ATX" style motherboards. Many confused marketing people are calling it BTX which is hogwash since there is no such thing as a BTX power supply.

BTX is a chassis spec that uses an ATX 12V 2.2 power supply.

The EPS 12V spec calls for an 8pin CPU power connection which is what the Enermax has. EPS is a server motherboard spec which has nothing to do with the ATX spec.

If the PSU doesn't include the 4pin CPU power connection it should not say it conforms to, or is compliant with, the ATX 12V spec at all.

This is just another train wreck waiting to happen when people try to get the right power supply. Sheesh.