Sign in to follow this  
jayjames

SLI mode help! :)

hi, got 2 pny 6600gt sli cards... one has the bios 5.42.02.16.51

the other has 5.43.02.16.52.

is this a problem.. if yes can i flash one of them to match... cos at the moment nvidia display settings says i have 2 cards but there`s no sli settings...do i have to jumper the motherboard...i could only find 1SLI setting in the bios and i put that to auto...

thx

jason

couldnt help ya...wish i could....i have a ? about SLI'd vid cards tho.....does heat become a problem inside the case with 2 vid cards?

yup...done it!... i got aquamark to run once, i got about 25,000 more than usual .......but it keeps crashing out of games or 3dmark...:( i am still using my rubbish power supply! my hyper 580 arrives on monday...so i hope that willl cure it...but when i get it all stable...can u overclock the 2 pci-e cards??

thx

jason

You may be able to overclock both cards, make sure you match the OC on both cards.

:)

You may be able to overclock both cards, make sure you match the OC on both cards.

:)

Apologies for high-jacking :) , but how do you ensure that the overclock is the same for both cards?

I can only find one place in nVidia where you can adjust clock and memory speed, so I assumed that this would equally overclock both cards. I now suspect that I was wrong :confused: .

If you could let me know how this is done (i.e. equal overclocks) or point me in the direction of this info, I'd really appreciate it.

tia

ricey

Apologies for high-jacking :) , but how do you ensure that the overclock is the same for both cards?

I can only find one place in nVidia where you can adjust clock and memory speed, so I assumed that this would equally overclock both cards. I now suspect that I was wrong :confused: .

If you could let me know how this is done (i.e. equal overclocks) or point me in the direction of this info, I'd really appreciate it.

tia

ricey

There is only that one adjustment, for both cards, you can't do them seperatly.

to answer the question, YES two SLI cards does create a heck of a lot more heat.

My cpu idles at 27C (watercooled), my PWM IC is around 40C, and my chipset idles at 48C. Under load, things shoot up to 33C, 48C, 57C.

I'm adding extra cooling in a few days to compensate.. I have 7800 GTX SLI btw.