ocz press release. 7/21. new ram announced

just wondering what the timings are just running at 200mhz?

In another thread I read that Angry has a set of these comming his way. So hopefully he can give us the timings at 200Mhz.

I would be rather pleased if RAM manufacturers would always give two ratings for a stick.

So for example if a stick is marketed as DDR500 the manufacturer should give two ratings:

DDR 400 = 2-3-2-5 1T

DDR 500 = 3-3-3-7 1T

• 2 weeks later...

you guys need to get off this damn thing where you see timings and think something is awful

A64's have integrated memory controllers

this makes memory timings almost pointless

memory timings only need to be worried about when it comes to making a rig stable

ive got these 2x1024 PC4000 modules from OCZ

they EASILY do 240x11 (limit of my X2 that it is being tested on) @ 3-4-8-4 @ 2.8v

Doesn't even break a sweat. Rgone has had them up over 260 on a single core San Diego 3700+.

stop worrying about dividers and timings

start worrying about cpu Mhz and cpu Mhz (hint: its cpu Mhz that you need to worry about since it is the most important)

I really think AG is right about timings and dividers and more importantly CPU MHZ being king.

If this is so AG would'nt I be better off with the 2 x 1024 sticks of OCZ platinum and running a divider...because all I need with my X2 is 240 like you. I am not wording this right I think. Maybe better is not the word...instead use cheaper...with no real world performance hit?