Sign in to follow this  
facedor

PROBLEM with OCZ GOLD PC3200 & Lanparty UT Ultra-D

I wish i could... the mobo seems to be dead, i cant get into bios.... it works fine, but i cant edit bios, sstem hangs up if i Try.... and until i make a clear cmos, the system is dead.. i cant edit the bios... it flashes well, but the problem remains....

Yeah I recently had the same problem as you and had to take my ram back to where I bought it. Apparently that OCZ ram doesn't like DFI motherboards. If you send it back and get the VX (higher coltage guarantee version) of the ram it'll run fine
There is no compatibility issue with the PC3200 Gold and the DFI mobo's....they run quite well :)

I wish i could... the mobo seems to be dead, i cant get into bios.... it works fine, but i cant edit bios, sstem hangs up if i Try.... and until i make a clear cmos, the system is dead.. i cant edit the bios... it flashes well, but the problem remains....

Can you make a sig,as the thraed gets longer,harder to find your specs,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Im having the exact same problem with my OCZ Ram, Memtest pulls out millions of errors, and installing windows BSOD's constantly, Swapped the ram form a 1024 single stick i baught, computer runs fine, installed perfect.

I can live without dual channel OCZ memory, but, it would be nice if i could use it :)

Try these settings:

In Genie Bios

auto

16 16

auto

disable

1.450v

1.300v

above VID 113%

1.20v

1.60v

2.6V

DRAM Config

enable

auto

enabled

auto

Level 6

Level 2

8 ns

6 ns

disable

disable

Ryder, Those settings worked a treat, i can actally boot up into windows with the ram now, I dont know how it will last on the way of corruption ect, but we will have to wait and see, is there a way to run dual channel AND single channel ram? then i could run 2 gig Hehe ^_^

I think the cause of all of this is my PSU.

The mems worked fine in my other system. Im 'getting back this psu (Thermaltake PSU never more) and tomorrow i'll get an OCZ powerstream 520W NATIVE 24pin, this butterfly purepower is single RAIL (12v 17a), and 20pin. In Lanparty UT NForce4ultra-D is not recommended......... i think here is all the problem-

Tomorrow i say to you....

Thanks a lot!

Yeah I recently had the same problem as you and had to take my ram back to where I bought it. Apparently that OCZ ram doesn't like DFI motherboards. If you send it back and get the VX (higher voltage guarantee version) of the ram it'll run fine

lol you got it backwords man the dfi LOVES the gold ram.....you got to know how to set it up thats all its a little picky with some options....

@facedor

try flash'n the bios again....i think your board is fine you just need to get a 24 pin PSU

I said it worked a charm, it doesnt, windows is alittle unstable, sometimes it doesnt boot, Ive ordered a 24pin PSU, and im sending this ram back, i can alwas get some in the future =P