Sign in to follow this  
Jaxidian

3 2x1GB options, which is best?

Mate i just got the 2GB Corsair TwinX 3200C2.

i would not go with Corsair just because it doesn't play well with DFI mobos. some people get it to work first try, but others have problems. its either hit or miss.

been fooling with the OCZ's with my X2 now...dividers work (they wont on a winchester tho)

is that air cooling AG? I see you just increased CPU FSB and kept ram @ 200???

been fooling with the OCZ's with my X2 now...dividers work (they wont on a winchester tho)

Urg, I was about to order 2x1Gb OCZ sticks to go with my Winchester... it's not going to go nicely at all if dividers don't work though... should I look at getting something else?

220x10 was the best i could stay stable on my Winchester, and it would only run 1:1

i tried everything possible to hit 230, but it was just not happening. I didn't try anything in between because I wanted to get started on the X2 with this memory since it has the new revision memory controller.

Zelig: its going to be your winchester that is the problem, not any brand of 2x1024MB modules. Winchesters have very fast memory controllers (quite a bit faster than Venice/SanDiego/X2) but they are very weak...they will only run 4x512 @ DDR333, 2T, and they will not run 2x1024 @ a divider from what I have tested.

Might be time to look into retiring the Winchester and looking at a Venice 3000+ instead

watercooling on this frankenstein test setup (universal waterblock fits all modern cpu sockets + 2x 75cfm 120mm fans on the rad!)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...2&postcount=135

both cores priming 100% @ 2633Mhz = 38°C (drops to about 35°C at night when everything cools off finally)

Zelig: its going to be your winchester that is the problem, not any brand of 2x1024MB modules. Winchesters have very fast memory controllers (quite a bit faster than Venice/SanDiego/X2) but they are very weak...they will only run 4x512 @ DDR333, 2T, and they will not run 2x1024 @ a divider from what I have tested.

Might be time to look into retiring the Winchester and looking at a Venice 3000+ instead

Cool, I'll probably get the ram anyhow then and play around to see what I can get out of my Winchester with it.

At worst, I'll settle for running only a bit above stock for a while, until I get a new cpu, at least I won't be too disappointed now that I know what to expect. :)

i was able to do 220x10 @ 1:1 with my winchester 3200+...keep in mind i had one of the original 3200+ winchesters so it might not be as good as yours...and I killed it during testing so thats probably a sign that it was not that good anyway lol

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...29&postcount=23

I should update my sig... mine's an 0508 Winchester anyhow, one of the last ones.

I meant to ask in the OC DB thread if that Winchester was the same one that used to do the 2600Mhz+... now I know.

This Samsung stuff I'm currently running was really just temp stuff until I got my about to be ordered OCZ ram, but it' works quiet nicely at ~212Mhz with my cpu at 2340Mhz... is it worth submitting that as a separate entry to the OC database before I get my OCZ ram installed?

Any comments on this pair of Patriot dual-channel?

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4453786

Honestly I'd rather got 2x1024 instead of 4x512 - seems like the wiser investment for the future. Like I said, I really don't care at all about how well my memory OCs, just my CPU but I want my memory to support whatever I may need to OC my CPU. Currently my 4x512 Mushkins are limiting my CPU OC as they won't run at 210MHz and won't work at a 3:4 divider or lower so right now I can only get up to about 240MHz at 5:6 and I'm sure my CPU can do quite a bit more than that (though I going to find out for sure tonite with a pair of BH6s).

But anyways, any grudges anybody has about this pair of 1GBs?

I'm currently running that RAM (reminder to change my sig). I put it in yesterday. It took a few minutes to get it recognized- I had to use the orange slots, and I forgot to clear CMOS at first, so it was really my fault. After I cleared CMOS, put them in the orange slots, and loaded optimized defaults, they were SPD recognized as 2-3-2-5 (or 2-3-5-2 by POST screen), and I bumped voltage to 2.7 just to make sure. MemTest had no issues through 5 passes, so I Primed all night (13h 42m) with ) errors. So, they do work. Unfortunately, my 4000+ doesn't like to run stable at anything but stock, so 200 is all I'm doing with them. My Clawhammer has issues with high FSB's, and high speeds (tops at around 2475, so I leave it stock).

I'm currently running that RAM (reminder to change my sig).

<...snip... >

Unfortunately, my 4000+ doesn't like to run stable at anything but stock, so 200 is all I'm doing with them. My Clawhammer has issues with high FSB's, and high speeds (tops at around 2475, so I leave it stock).

Have you tried to drop the multiplier on your CPU to increase your FSB? If your CPU can't handle higher than stock speeds, try running it at that stock speed but with a higher FSB in order to get a little bit of more memory bandwidth. It won't be a huge improvement but every little bit helps, right? :)

I'd be interested to know your results.