new zalman 9500 cpu cooler

juysocal

Hello guys, have you seen this new zalman 9500 cpu cooler?

It is huge! I wonder if this will fit on the dfi ultra d board?

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2434&p=8

http://www.tomshardware.com/business/20050...ex_day1-20.html

http://www.zalman.co.kr/images/main/kor/news/9500_03b.jpg

honestly...for $24.99 the Thermalright XP-90 is all you need...there is no real difference between this Zalman, any other good zalman, thermalright, TT, swiftech, etc

most of this stuff is just gimmicky to make you think it works better than anything else when in reality it is no better than any other...unless you consider 2C difference in temp enough to run out and purchase something new

not flaming, just saying...there's very little difference in coolers these days as we have hit a technological peak and unless some new supercooling substance is found, all cpu coolers will perform the same

not flaming, just saying...there's very little difference in coolers these days as we have hit a technological peak and unless some new supercooling substance is found, all cpu coolers will perform the same

What about that liquid metal cooling solution that is being developed?

I don't know how true your statement is about coolers, I have noticed significant differences between stock coolers and the 7700-cu, on both Intel and AMD. 21C idle, 28C load stock on this system.

As far as the CNPS 9550-Cu fitting on the board. The Zalman 7700-cu fits fine and it is wider than the 9550 it looks like. It's mainly just coming out from the board. So I think it should fit no problem.

Almost forgot about the noise, Zalman's are -quiet-! :)

What about that liquid metal cooling solution that is being developed?

unless some new supercooling substance is found, all cpu coolers will perform the same

I'd consider that at least a decent step up from the standard coolers we've seen over the last couple of years ;)

---dens

Guest Shibby

Not to put words in his mouth, but I believe A_G was referring to higher-end air coolers, which all seem to have only minute differences between them in terms of cooling potential. And he is right. We are hitting a wall with standard air cooling technologies, I would agree that most new things that are coming out are going to be pretty gimmicky/ridiculous, but not accomplish a heck of a lot more than an xp90/120 or zalman 7700 or whatever your current favorite cooler is.

• 3 weeks later...

This one got my attention too.

I would reckon that the new 9500 would get extra credit since it blows the hot air out the back of the case compared to the current batch which still need case fans.

Havent seen any reviews yet, so it could be all marketing hype...

Looks mighty purtie though..

• 2 weeks later...

75$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are they crazy

i am sure won't pay 75$ for this cooler and leave the XP-90 for 25$ unless it can decrease mroe than 8C @ load more than the XP-90

i am happy that i always hated and will hate Zalman

why do you hate zalman?

maybe cause their products always svcks

bad cpu cooler using AIR & Water ( when talking about the relation between price and perfromance for sure ) and with this 9000 series i am sure l;ots will hate them too if they really price it 75$