Only 1 stick of RAM works now...

Just the other day I was exiting World of Warcraft and my computer crashed. Upon restarting I got the 3 LED warning with the constant beeping noise and couldn't even boot into the bios. I found out that indicated a RAM problem and started playing around with my RAM.

When the problem occured I had one stick each in the 2 and 4 (orange) slots. I ended up taking them out and trying them one at a time in slot 2 alone. Only one of the two sticks worked, the other would give the 3 LED warning and not boot up.

At this point I figured one of my sticks went bad, however the next day, after loading optimized defaults in my bios 6/23 version, I swapped sticks again and this time it booted with either one in slot 2. Then I tried putting them both back in, slots 2 and 4 first, then slots 1 and 3, both gave the 3 LEDs and beeping and no boot into bios. Then I pulled the sticks back out, and now only one of the two would work alone in slot 2 again, the other (same one as before) would just give the 3 LEDs.

I now have no idea whether I have a Mobo hardware problem, a bios problem, a RAM problem, or any other problem... I have read some stuff about the "cold boot issue" but don't really know what it is or how to find out if that is a problem. Can anyone help me? Do you need more information I didn't provide?

All of my hardware is less than two months old.

Thanks in advance,

I ran memtest on the working stick yesterday, it fails during every test at the same location i.e. 236.6 mb. I did not let it run long since i knew it failed. If I can get the other stick to post to bios again I will run memtest.