Ram Help - Twinx Or No?

I know its a long message, but please read the whole thing. I need some info badly.

Sup everyone, its been awhile since Ive posted, but I have a question I hope someone can help me with. Ok here's the deal. Currently I am running a a7n8x Deluxe 2.0 with Samsung PC 2700 DDR. I was running 1024 of Samsung PC2700, but would get all kinds of crashes when I played my games. So I decided to take out one stick of 512 and just use one because I was told that screwy things will happen if you dont run the RAM in exact pairs with that particular mobo. I took out the 512 and BAM! everything worked fine. I suspected it was because I was running the RAM at 333 and the mobo runs on a 400 bus and they werent paired sticks so thats why the system was unstable. Anyway, to my question finally. I am looking to buy some new RAM. I was thinking on getting Corsair XMS TwinX 3200PT 512x2. Then I seen they have a 3200LL as well. What is the difference between them? Also I cant seem to find a PC3500 TwinX anywhere. Would it be ok to buy (2) seperate sticks of the 3500? Would it run the same as TwinX 3200? Someone please help because all these model #'s are starting to drive me nuts.

Thank you in advance,

Mike

what FSB were you running at? and which slots did you have your RAM in??

OK, OK... I know that doesn't answer your question, but if you can get it to work with what you have, why not??

with my crappy pc2700 Nanya, I can only hit FSB of about 181 but I can play with the multiplier to get a good overclock!

Glad you have enough time on your hands to notice it was my first post under this name. Thanks for helping to answer my question tho, your response was really informative. Oh and to answer your question. I used to have a different name I logged on with but, I forgot the password and all the info was under an email account I dont have anymore. So I had to create a new one. Cant believe you couldnt figure that out on your own. You disappoint me........

Hmmm, new name...one post... and talking down to others... that will win many friends! :D

have you run Memtest or the like to make sure both your sticks of RAM are OK??

run Memtest overnight with only one stick installed, tehn do it again with the other to see if there is an issue

Exeter - Sorry if I came across rude in the last post, but when someone posts something in reguards to getting help from someone and they reply with that stupid nonsense like he did it tends to get irratating. Besides, what does it matter if I had 1 post or 10000000 posts. Am I not qualified enough to have my question answered because I have a total of 1 post on this name? I mean why bother to reply to someone and waste your time if your not gonna attempt to help answer the question. *shrug* *maybe its just me*

Relax B)

just playing with you.....people enjoy having a little fun here

Umm but I was thinking the same thing as Tyme :)

Now...to the issue, have you tried memtest or others like that or do you just want to move on to different RAM?

Which is also fine.....

Well here's the thing. I took all the RAM out. Put one 512 in and it worked fine. Took it out, put the other 512 in and it worked fine. Then, I put both 512 for a total of 1024 and it crashed my games. All in all, Im not really concerned about it. I just want to know if buying a package of PC3200 TwinX would be the same as buying 2 sticks of 512 PC3500. I understand that a7n8x dlx mobo's like paired RAM, but I was thinking since the 3500 operates at 433 bus it would be more stable than the pc2700 333 bus in my mobo since the 3500 (2) 512 sticks arent twinX like my pc2700 was. Sounds confusing I know, Ill simplify it.

Currently - (2 non paired) 512 Samsung PC2700 in the mobo at same time crashes my system.

Want to buy - (2 non paired) 512 Corsair PC3500 - will it crash my mobo seeing as its not paired like the pc3200 TwinX is?

Hope that clears it up abit.

And I know your only bustin abit......sometimes I can dish it out, but cant take it :)

Thanks,

Mike