Sign in to follow this  
Vindicare

SLI-DR and USB Mouse problem

yeah i did clear the bios but did not remove the cmos battery, i left the jumper in the clear position for about 20 mins as recommended after a flash (following DFI's flash guide).

i dont think it is mobo or psu because the USB keyboard works fine, no problems at all. i tried what microsoft recommends which is to go through the registry and remove all the key's associated with the intellimouse and control of usb devices in relation to it, but still exactly the same problem, its like everything i have tried is not working =(

thanks anyways mate! =(

So you haven't followed the advice I gave in the post above?

yeah i did clear the bios but did not remove the cmos battery, i left the jumper in the clear position for about 20 mins as recommended after a flash (following DFI's flash guide).

i dont think it is mobo or psu because the USB keyboard works fine, no problems at all. i tried what microsoft recommends which is to go through the registry and remove all the key's associated with the intellimouse and control of usb devices in relation to it, but still exactly the same problem, its like everything i have tried is not working =(

thanks anyways mate! =(

Hey, i've got this same problem. I have a intel USB optical trackball, and it will randomly just stop working. Sometimes it will pick back up, but usually i have to disconnect it then reconnect it to get it working. When it stops sometimes windows says that a USB device has malfunctioned, but not often. I'm pretty sure that this isnt the mouse as i've used it for a year with my other computer, and i've tried it there for a couple days and haven't had a single problem.

I've also got a USB headset and keyboard, neither of which have seem to stop at all like the mouse.

all the manual says is if you are using wake-on-USB keyboard/mouse function for 2 usb ports, the 5VSB power source of your power supply must support > or = 1.5A. For 3 ports, > or = 2A. Not sure what 5VSB is unless thats just 5V rail, in which case my PS supports 30A on the 5V rail.

Hi

have you turned off usb power saving in control panel? If you haven't, turning it (unticking the box circled in the picture below may do the trick :) ).

Go to control panel/ system/ hardware/ device manager/ usb/ usb root hub/ properties/ power management

untick.jpg

GL

ricey

vindicare try this for the hell of it cause this how my set up is:

in bios

enable USB mouse

diable keyboard mouse,

keep USB at 1.1/2.0

Now use your adaptor (usb-Ps2) for the keyboard and plug it via PS2

PLug your mouse via USB

just a little caution sometimes when rushing you might plug the keyboard in the mouse PS2 don't do that :)

try it and see if that works.

hey guys thanks for the replies, ive tried everything (cleared cmos for ~ 9 hours when i went to work), made sure the usb root hub had allow the computer to turn this device off to save power disabled and also tried plugging the usb keyboard into the ps2 dongle and ps2 port of the pc with the usb mouse in the usb port, nothin =(

any ideas would be much appreciated! hopefully my MX-518 will be here shortly and save my day :angel:

Hey everyone, i'm still having problems with this. I haven't tried the USB to PS2 cause i am using a USB switch that my monitor + keyboard and mouse plug into then goes to the comp, cause the comp isnt very close to the monitor. I dont think this is the problem though as i plugged the keyboard and the mouse directly into the comp and i still get the problem, only i have to leave the mouse unplugged longer before i plug it back in for it to work.

Also, i turned off the thing to allow windows to power save the usb, no go there. I set the USB jumpers on the board to 5VSB instead of 5V since all the motherboard manual says about 5VSB is the PSU needs to have > 1.5A on VSB to support 2+ Wake on USB devices, my PSU supports 2A there but when i tried to startup using this none of my USB devices would function at all so no clue what thats even for.

hey not good 2 hear dude, i think its a major problem with this bios release that i hope is being sorted, im going to flash to 310 in about an hour and will let u know how that goes =/

does anyone have any other official bios releases just before the 623 release? hopefully i can just keep going back 1 release at a time till i have the newest one that works.

cheers!

I have similar issues with my NF3 250GB, but not quite the same. Anytime I have to clear the CMOS, on loading Windows after setting my BIOS to my normal settings, I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in to get it to works. Even then, I have to reboot before the mouse settings I have put in will work, it just recognizes the default settings. What I mean by this is that I have a trackball explorer, and I set up my four keys differently than stock, but, when this problem happens, my settings won't work until I reboot, even though the software shows them. Not exactly the same problem, but similar.

just flashed to 510-3FIX and did a 8+ hour normal clear...will let you's know how it goes, hopefully will have some more luck with this bios :rolleyes: